A great place to work

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Southwest Airlines full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Your co workers, southwest truly does have remarkable people who work there. Everyone in my department is like extended family.

Cons

reservations has become more about quantity vs. quality its all about how many calls you can complete and selling products to customers vs helping them with what their problem is. Also reservations is the MOST micro managed department ever. someone is always over your shoulder babysitting you like you are a little kid.

Advice to Management

This is not pre school we are all capable adults who know how to do our job. Please treat me as such

Other Employee Reviews for Southwest Airlines

1. Great Fun

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Southwest Airlines full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If you love to travel, wear shorts and tennis shoes and have fun while your working??? Then this might be the right company for you?! 17 year employee who met incredible people and traveled All the time!!!

Cons

Can be stressful and the airport never closes! May have to work major holidays.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

2. Fun but tiring experience.

Former Employee - Aircraft Appearance Tech in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Aircraft Appearance Tech in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Southwest Airlines full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Flight benefits of course. :) -Great pay with frequent raises. -Great Health Benefits. -Fun and Exciting Culture. -Lots of paid time off. -Week of training at HQ in Dallas. Such a fun experience!

Cons

-Bad schedule (worked third shift) and cause you bid by seniority I had pretty bad days off. -Also working on third shift had a fair amount of weird/grumpy coworkers. -Being part of a union....absolutely aweful with a shady union rep.

Advice to Management

Cut the seniority shenanigans. Take care of your high performing employees and allow position promotions to be based more by character/specific person than whether the employee has been there for 1 year or 30 years.