Southwest Airlines

www.southwest.com

Best Company I've ever worked for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsI do have to say that most of what is written about Southwest is true. They do try to put their People first, are Safety conscience in everything they do, and don't take any decisions that impact their Employees or Customers lightly.

ConsThere are times, as I'm sure there are at most Company's, where upper management doesn't consult the subject matter experts directly before making a decision that is clearly not the best, and has to be undone later. They have gotten more into a mode of you have to provide they details to your boss, who has to convey it to their boss, who has to be able to answer all the tough questions for which they are not thoroughly prepared. That can become frustrating at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe sure to include the subject experts when making important decisions, and don't expect your direct reports to know it all. That's why it is a Team effort!

Awesome Internship

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Southwest Airlines

Pros: Best Place to work at and best experience and best… Cons: No sponsorship for visa required for work full time. More

Good Company

(Current Employee) Dallas, TX

I have been working at Southwest Airlines full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Once into Southwest it is hard to get fired unless you did something stupid. Lots of parties… Cons: Technology has been going into transformation for the last 7 years. Technology Managers keep changing and causing lots of frustrations for the customers. People… Advice to Senior Management: Train the middle management to hold others accountable Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Southwest Airlines.

Worked for Southwest Airlines? Contribute to the Community!