Southwest Airlines
www.southwest.com Dallas, TX 5000+ Employees

Best Company I've ever worked for

Dallas, TX

ProsI do have to say that most of what is written about Southwest is true. They do try to put their People first, are Safety conscience in everything they do, and don't take any decisions that impact their Employees or Customers lightly.

ConsThere are times, as I'm sure there are at most Company's, where upper management doesn't consult the subject matter experts directly before making a decision that is clearly not the best, and has to be undone later. They have gotten more into a mode of you have to provide they details to your boss, who has to convey it to their boss, who has to be able to answer all the tough questions for which they are not thoroughly prepared. That can become frustrating at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe sure to include the subject experts when making important decisions, and don't expect your direct reports to know it all. That's why it is a Team effort!

Awesome Internship

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Southwest Airlines

Pros: Best Place to work at and best experience and best… Cons: No sponsorship for visa required for work full time. More

Excellent work environment, salary and benefits

Operations Agent (Current Employee)
    Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Southwest Airlines full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: -Share a wonderful bond with your co-workers -Salary and benefits are among the best in the airline industry -Free… Cons: -long hours, tough schedule for the first couple of 5-7 years. -Relationship between… Advice to Senior Management: Stop worrying so much about numbers and worry more about employee morale. If your employees are happy, then they… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Southwest Airlines.

Worked for Southwest Airlines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Southwest Airlines reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Southwest Airlines CEO Gary C. Kelly. All reviews posted anonymously by Southwest Airlines employees.