Southwest Airlines

www.southwest.com
  www.southwest.com
There are newer employer reviews for Southwest Airlines

The BEST company I have EVER worked for!

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Southwest Airlines full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with Southwest Airlines for over 18 years and can honestly say, I have loved EVER minute of working for this wonderful company!

Cons

None that I can think of!

Please remember the bottom dollar is never more important than how we treat a customer (both internal and external!)

491 Other Employee Reviews for Southwest Airlines (View Most Recent)

Technology is in Turmoil. Management is Lost.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Southwest Airlines full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good health benefits, profit sharing, and best I've ever seen for 401k matching. Flight benefits are nice if you can use them. Plenty of social activities.

Cons

Technology department and its "transformation" has been is a holding pattern for over a year. No one seems to be able to make a decision, set focus, and move forward. Too heavy in outsourcing to workers with little or no loyalty to SWA and the quality of their work is mediocre at best. Also, too many full time employees that are just dead weight and management is either ignoring them or can't do anything about it. So, the few good workers on a team are pulling all the weight, getting stressed and burned out, and morale suffers. Also, those dead weight employees probably make more than the ones doing all the work since they generally have 10+ years at SWA.

The famous Culture of SWA is eroding from a Work Hard/Play Hard attitude to a Do Enough To Get By and Party All You Want kind of atmosphere.

For Technology, stop listening to the bean counters. Those "cheap" outsourced workers are NOT worth it. A single, quality full time employee with have the productivity of 2 or 3 of the outsourced workers and will be loyal to SWA and the "family" culture. Identify and cut the dead weight to save money and increase productivity. And please, Please, PLEASE made a decision and move forward and stop wasting resources and time that could be better used working on the future instead of hanging on to the tech you are going to dump.

Fun luving company

Current Employee - Ramp Agent in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Ramp Agent in Boston, MA

I have been working at Southwest Airlines full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great people. Management was very friendly, including those at the top at my station. Very helpful when it comes towards the job. The overtime pay is nice when available.

Cons

The pay is pretty awful starting out. The job is an outdoor position, so if you don't like the weather, you may not like the job. The hours can be pretty brutal.

Please fix our stuff! We constantly have broken equipment that needs fixing.

There are newer employer reviews for Southwest Airlines