Southwest Airlines

There are newer employer reviews for Southwest Airlines

Fun luving company

Current Employee - Ramp Agent in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Ramp Agent in Boston, MA

I have been working at Southwest Airlines full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great people. Management was very friendly, including those at the top at my station. Very helpful when it comes towards the job. The overtime pay is nice when available.

Cons

The pay is pretty awful starting out. The job is an outdoor position, so if you don't like the weather, you may not like the job. The hours can be pretty brutal.

Please fix our stuff! We constantly have broken equipment that needs fixing.

528 Other Employee Reviews for Southwest Airlines (View Most Recent)

Awesome place to work!

Current Employee - Supervisor in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Southwest Airlines full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The awesome culture and the LUV that is spread makes Southwest the best place to work in the country. Solid profits, no history of lay offs, and a solid vision makes it the best place to place your future. Awesome benefits and higher than average pay.

Cons

Busy, lots of sales, 365 day a year operation. Not really anything bad to say except be prepared to work and be prepared to buy in to the changes 150%. No room for flakiness and no room for absenteeism.

Better communication

Best Company I've ever worked for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Southwest Airlines full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I do have to say that most of what is written about Southwest is true. They do try to put their People first, are Safety conscience in everything they do, and don't take any decisions that impact their Employees or Customers lightly.

Cons

There are times, as I'm sure there are at most Company's, where upper management doesn't consult the subject matter experts directly before making a decision that is clearly not the best, and has to be undone later. They have gotten more into a mode of you have to provide they details to your boss, who has to convey it to their boss, who has to be able to answer all the tough questions for which they are not thoroughly prepared. That can become frustrating at times.

Be sure to include the subject experts when making important decisions, and don't expect your direct reports to know it all. That's why it is a Team effort!

There are newer employer reviews for Southwest Airlines