Great place to work!

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Southwest Airlines as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Coming from the perspective of a former intern, it's a great place to work. The NoLimits intern program is fantastic. They are dedicated to your personal professional development whether you end up working there full time or not. The people are fantastic, you get to fly for free, there are parties every Monday, and you learn a lot on the job! My summer at SWA was probably one of the best summers of my life.

Cons

The work pace is a little slow in some departments and a lot of people stick around just for the benefits.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Awesome place to work!

Current Employee - Supervisor in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Southwest Airlines full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The awesome culture and the LUV that is spread makes Southwest the best place to work in the country. Solid profits, no history of lay offs, and a solid vision makes it the best place to place your future. Awesome benefits and higher than average pay.

Cons

Busy, lots of sales, 365 day a year operation. Not really anything bad to say except be prepared to work and be prepared to buy in to the changes 150%. No room for flakiness and no room for absenteeism.

Advice to Management

Better communication

2. Best Company I've ever worked for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Southwest Airlines full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I do have to say that most of what is written about Southwest is true. They do try to put their People first, are Safety conscience in everything they do, and don't take any decisions that impact their Employees or Customers lightly.

Cons

There are times, as I'm sure there are at most Company's, where upper management doesn't consult the subject matter experts directly before making a decision that is clearly not the best, and has to be undone later. They have gotten more into a mode of you have to provide they details to your boss, who has to convey it to their boss, who has to be able to answer all the tough questions for which they are not thoroughly prepared. That can become frustrating at times.

Advice to Management

Be sure to include the subject experts when making important decisions, and don't expect your direct reports to know it all. That's why it is a Team effort!