Southwest Airlines

www.southwest.com
There are newer employer reviews for Southwest Airlines

Awesome Internship

I worked at Southwest Airlines

Pros

Best Place to work at and best experience and best people

Cons

No sponsorship for visa required for work full time.

504 Other Employee Reviews for Southwest Airlines (View Most Recent)

Good Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Southwest Airlines full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Once into Southwest it is hard to get fired unless you did something stupid. Lots of parties and every party has lots and lots of alcohol.Lots of smart talents in the company but not utilized.

Cons

Technology has been going into transformation for the last 7 years. Technology Managers keep changing and causing lots of frustrations for the customers. People drink a lot and its called culture. I think the company wastes too much money on alcohols and leaders take advantage of this.people are not held accountable as it is considered against SWA culture, i think Colleen's purpose of culture has been misinterpreted by leaders who cant hold people accountable.

Train the middle management to hold others accountable

Best Company I've ever worked for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Southwest Airlines full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I do have to say that most of what is written about Southwest is true. They do try to put their People first, are Safety conscience in everything they do, and don't take any decisions that impact their Employees or Customers lightly.

Cons

There are times, as I'm sure there are at most Company's, where upper management doesn't consult the subject matter experts directly before making a decision that is clearly not the best, and has to be undone later. They have gotten more into a mode of you have to provide they details to your boss, who has to convey it to their boss, who has to be able to answer all the tough questions for which they are not thoroughly prepared. That can become frustrating at times.

Be sure to include the subject experts when making important decisions, and don't expect your direct reports to know it all. That's why it is a Team effort!

There are newer employer reviews for Southwest Airlines