Southwest Airlines

There are newer employer reviews for Southwest Airlines

Excellent Experience...

Current Employee - Ramp Agent
Current Employee - Ramp Agent

I have been working at Southwest Airlines full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You get out of your position/experience what you put in. If you work efficiently, proficiently and safely the right people will notice, make a positive name for yourself. But at the same time be careful as others will become expectant of that and expect you to pick up the slack....

Cons

There are always others that tend to lack work ethics, you find that everywhere.

529 Other Employee Reviews for Southwest Airlines (View Most Recent)

Awesome

Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Southwest Airlines full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Friendly Employers and great airlines

Cons

I've never had one except when you got JA'd.

I worked at Southwest Airlines from1981-1995. I retired to raise my children. Now their all grown up. I was the last class of just females before they started hiring males back in the day. Wore the shorts and can still fit into them. LOL! I really would like to return to work again for such a great company.

Best Internship Ever

Former Intern - Corporate Communications in Dallas, TX
    Former Intern - Corporate Communications in Dallas, TX

I worked at Southwest Airlines as an intern

Pros

-Company culture is amazing: everyone has a great attitude, plenty of volunteer opportunities, weekly deck parties that give you the opportunity to mingle with people outside of your department

-Travel Privileges: you get to fly for free anywhere that Southwest goes (be responsible with these as they can be taken away for poor behavior!)

-Real World Experience: This is not a copy making, coffee brewing internship. You are IN on company plans/procedures and you actually do work that has measurable outcomes

-Day-in-the-field opportunities: You get to see how Southwest runs on all it's different levels. Especially towards the end of the internship they encourage you to explore the different entry level departments to see if you have interest in working there in the future.

-If you're graduated, you get first look at all the open positions. Everything is posted internally before it goes out to the public.

-Managers are very approachable and want to help you get the experience possible

Cons

The pay isn't amazing unless you're in technology, but it's better than minimum wage.

Unless you're graduated, you really can't apply for any of the positions that are open during your time there. This is understandable, but it can be frustrating seeing a job you want and knowing that you can't go out for it yet!

There are newer employer reviews for Southwest Airlines