Southwest Airlines

There are newer employer reviews for Southwest Airlines

The People, Culture and benefits are great

Current Employee - Analyst in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Southwest Airlines full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The People are friendly and helpful. The Culture fosters hard work and fun. My dentist commented, "You have better dental benefits than I do!" The benefits are awesome! The freedom to grow and develop as an indiviual are great

Cons

As the Company is growing, it ix getting harder to hold on to the Culture. Keeping the Culture from changing a great deal will be a challenge.

Don't let the Culture die or change for the worse!

501 Other Employee Reviews for Southwest Airlines (View Most Recent)

Good, but needs improvement

Current Employee - CSA
    Current Employee - CSA

I have been working at Southwest Airlines full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I LOVE the people we come into contact every day with and love being part of a wonderful airline, the top in the industry! The flight benefits are the best too.

Cons

As employee friendly as SWA says they are, their 6 month probationary period has no wiggle room, unless you are friends with management. They don't care if a new employee is in a car accident, spouse has a heart attack, child in the hospital, if you aren't at work or late it is counted against you and you can lose your job no matter how great of an employee you were. We saw this happen at our station a couple of years ago. Very sad.

Work-life balance should be a higher priority. People shouldn't be in a true emergency and have to be worried about losing their job or having points against them.

Great people on the business side but IT is very "average"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Dallas, TX

I worked at Southwest Airlines full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

great business and leadership from Gary Kelly and the business people of SWA. They really do walk the walk. The people working at the airports, flight and maintenance are TOP notch and will go out of their way to make SWA successful every time!

Cons

Unfortunately once you transition to IT..the culture ends and your dealing with all the same issues as any IT service company. Nothing "special" and little to no opportunity to grow outside your job title.

end the legacy approach to management of you people and technology. Some of this is underway with the new CIO..so there is hope!

There are newer employer reviews for Southwest Airlines