Southwest Airlines

www.southwest.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Southwest Airlines

Southwest is an amazing place to work.

Current Employee - Flight Attendant
Current Employee - Flight Attendant

I have been working at Southwest Airlines

Pros

The company was founded on the principle that in order to succeed you need to treat your co-workers as well as your customers. This had led to industry leading salaries, benefits and a fabulous place to work.

Cons

As any company that grows quickly you must try harder to make your employees feel like more than a number. Not an easy task but they are doing a great job!

To keep Herbs legend alive and strong within our company and keep putting your employees first.
Also- tighten the hiring process for people who aredirectly involved in customer service. A few less-than-stellar people are giving our customers a bad taste of what is usually great experience.

528 Other Employee Reviews for Southwest Airlines (View Most Recent)

Ramp Agent

Current Employee - Ramp Agent
    Current Employee - Ramp Agent

I have been working at Southwest Airlines

Pros

Great Medical benefits. Great fringe benefits being able to fly for free. Super flexibility. Fun place and people to work with.

Cons

Laborious work. Can be physically rough on the body. Working in the elements. Cold,hot,rain or shine you're going to be outside dealing with the weather. Fair but limited pay due to the simpleness of the job.

In light of the economic conditions and airline industry, I feel Gary Kelly and the Southwest leadership is doing a great job in keeping our jobs secure and company profitable. So many other major carriers have gone bankrupt due to bad or negligent business decisions. It's good to know upper management is doing their job to keep our job.

Great benefits

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent

I worked at Southwest Airlines

Pros

Excellent benefits, encouraged to have fun at work, free flights, good solid profitable airline, big on promoting from within, part time schedules can be very flexible.

Cons

Be careful if you are hired in a city where they are short staffed. Mandatory overtime is excessive and will wear you out quickly. In some cases, agents were forced into 18-20 hour shifts on little sleep. Life/work balance is pretty much non existent.

Good company for the most part. Be more honest with potential candidates during the hiring process about demands for mandatory overtime.

There are newer employer reviews for Southwest Airlines