Southwest Airlines

www.southwest.com
  www.southwest.com
There are newer employer reviews for Southwest Airlines

Fantastic Company. Although not without flaws, very well run. Very happy to be there

Current Employee - Operations
Current Employee - Operations

I have been working at Southwest Airlines

Pros

Great environment, benefits, pay. Senior Management extremely competent & fair. The organizational tone set at the very top levels are top notch.

Cons

The company has grown large. Although senior management is top notch, some programs and tones done always trickle down to the line. A lot of challenges face the airline industry and Southwest seems to handle these challenges better than most others, but it's still a hard industry.

Customer service remains king. I know you know it, but I am less confident that everyone on the line still gets it. The problem of bad customer service spans the entire seniority spectrum and accros many departments.

504 Other Employee Reviews for Southwest Airlines (View Most Recent)

Great company, benefits and environment outweigh potentially lower pay than other industries

I have been working at Southwest Airlines

Pros

-Free Flights
    -Amazing benefits
    -9.3% 401k match
    -Flexible work schedule options
    -Amazing Senior Leadership, very humble and servant leaders
    -We take the time to celebrate victories and party
    -Best positioned airline to withstand economic and political pressures

Cons

-Middle management is very territorial and defensive
    -Lower paying industry
    -Oil price volatility leaves industry exposed
    -Free flights out of Dallas can be difficult until Wright Ammedmant is repealed
    -unions threaten profitability of the company and growth for personal gains

Keep doing what you are doing, make sure your middle level managers live up to leadership expectations, and keep us a low cost airline.

Amazing Job at an Amazing Company! LUV it

I have been working at Southwest Airlines

Pros

Southwest is not just a job; it is a way of life. The People, Culture, and Company are truly one of a kind and it is a privilege to work for such a great company. I feel lucky that I am able to get up everyday and go to work at a job I love.

Cons

I guess a main downside of working at Southwest is that there really aren't any downsides! If anything, it is trying to decide where to travel to on the weekends!

The only thing I have to say is keep up the good work! Your Employees are happy, your Customers are satisfied, and your company is making money.

There are newer employer reviews for Southwest Airlines