Southwest Airlines
www.southwest.com Dallas, TX 5000+ Employees

Fantastic Company. Although not without flaws, very well run. Very happy to be there

Operations (Current Employee)

I have been working at Southwest Airlines

ProsGreat environment, benefits, pay. Senior Management extremely competent & fair. The organizational tone set at the very top levels are top notch.

ConsThe company has grown large. Although senior management is top notch, some programs and tones done always trickle down to the line. A lot of challenges face the airline industry and Southwest seems to handle these challenges better than most others, but it's still a hard industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementCustomer service remains king. I know you know it, but I am less confident that everyone on the line still gets it. The problem of bad customer service spans the entire seniority spectrum and accros many departments.

Great company, benefits and environment outweigh potentially lower pay than other industries

I have been working at Southwest Airlines

Pros: -Free Flights -Amazing benefits -9.3% 401k match -Flexible work schedule options -Amazing Senior Leadership, very humble and servant leaders -We… Cons: -Middle management is very territorial and defensive -Lower paying industry -Oil price volatility leaves industry exposed -Free flights out of Dallas… Advice to Senior Management: Keep doing what you are doing, make sure your middle level managers… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Amazing Job at an Amazing Company! LUV it

I have been working at Southwest Airlines

Pros: Southwest is not just a job; it is a way of life. The People, Culture, and Company are truly one of a kind and it… Cons: I guess a main downside of working at Southwest is that there really aren't any… Advice to Senior Management: The only thing I have to say is keep up the good work!… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Southwest Airlines.

Worked for Southwest Airlines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Southwest Airlines reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Southwest Airlines CEO Gary C. Kelly. All reviews posted anonymously by Southwest Airlines employees.