Southwestern Advantage

www.southwesternadvantage.com
  www.southwesternadvantage.com
There are newer employer reviews for Southwestern Advantage

It's a long hard road, but looking back it's all worth it.

I have been working at Southwestern Advantage

Pros

It's really challenging out there in the book field, but that's what's also great about it. You learn a lot about yourself, how to handle difficult situations, persist until you succeed, be self-motivated, maintain a positive mental attitude, vanquish any fears of rejection and the unknown, and other great qualities that last you a life time. The friends you make there will be in you wedding some day, and the alumni are very supportive. Also, the training is top notch, and it always looks good on your resume when you first go out into the job market looking for your "real job". If you're looking to get into sales in the future, this is a great stepping stone.

Cons

This program is not for everyone. The hours are long . Your first summer, when you don't really know what it's really like out there, you sometimes feel that you are under paid for the work and hours you put in (in terms of actual cash). There are days when it seems impossible. Rejection is constant.

Have housing set up for everyone, at all times.

125 Other Employee Reviews for Southwestern Advantage (View Most Recent)

Best growth experience a college student could experience!

Former Employee - Organizational Leader in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Organizational Leader in Nashville, TN

I worked at Southwestern Advantage full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-learned a ton about myself
    -learned how to run all aspects of a business
    -made decent money (all college loans paid off)
    -pay and time in between summers allowed me to travel the world
    -made some of my best friends in the world

Cons

-long hours
    -cold calling
    -completely self driven
    (these are all how you grow though :) )

People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care :)
    keep focusing on that

Amazing, challenging, and completely life-changing experience

Current Employee - Student Manager

I have been working at Southwestern Advantage (less than an year)

Pros

1. The culture of this company is amazing. The people you work with do not care about your results they care about you as a person and helping you to develop into the best possible version of yourself. You will love the people you work with.
    2. You have the opportunity to do as well as you want. We are paid directly by how well we preform as well as on the performance of the people you recruit. This teaches you a lot of responsibility and self motivation.
    3. You have the opportunity to grow and develop this as a career or simply have it as a summer job. It is exactly what you make of it.
    4. You can interview, hire, and train individuals while you're still in college
    5. Opportunity for travel. You relocate to a different part of the United States for 3 months of the year. There are a variety of trips throughout the rest of the year for various meetings and conferences that take you anywhere from Mexico to Vegas to Tennessee.
    6. You learn a lot about your strengths and weaknesses and have the opportunity to improve on them
    7. Job opportunities after interning with Southwestern are amazing. 90% job placement after 1 year and 98% after 2 years
    8. Honestly I could continue this list but those are the main ones...

Cons

Other people won't understand your job. We do door-to-door sales. It's weird. Your family, friends, and people you're selling to probably won't understand it because it's not a typical salaried 9-5 office job. That is the biggest downside to this job. We also work a lot of hours and deal with a lot of challenges.

I have none, management of this company is phenomenal.

There are newer employer reviews for Southwestern Advantage