Southwestern Advantage

There are newer employer reviews for Southwestern Advantage

Best "Life" Preparation Available for Young People

Current Employee - Online Product Manager  in  Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Online Product Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Southwestern Advantage full-time for more than a year

Pros

I sold for 3 summers while in college. While selling, I met people who were so unbelievably kind to me, even though I was a complete stranger. I met families who had adopted over a dozen children, simply out of the goodness of their hearts and generosity of spirit. I met a family that owned a SKUNK, and another one that owned a fawn that had a collar and slept in a dog bed in the living room (hey, to each his own). I met successful business people, professional writers, dancers, farmers, lawyers, factory-workers, artists, teachers, and lots of Mom’s that worked their butts off being great Moms. I met families that were overflowing with love and respect for one another; and I met others who were not. I met women whom I aspired to be just like someday; and I met some whom I vowed never to emulate.

I learned more, about myself and about human nature, than I ever thought possible. I learned the value of hard work and the value of a dollar. I learned how to run a successful business, how to make decisions for myself, and how much impact a positive mental attitude can make on your life. I learned that complaining gets you nowhere, and making excuses almost sends you backward. I learned that supporting a friend is one of the most special gifts in the world, and that leadership can literally move mountains.

But above all, I learned that life is about living it. It’s not about fame or power, nor status or rank. It’s about figuring out who you really are, and how you can be that very best version of you - for the betterment of yourself and those around you.

After 3 years of selling books, I went off to work at Microsoft in online advertising sales in New York City. After 4 years there, I decided to come back to work with Southwestern Advantage, helping to develop their educational and success-readiness websites called Southwestern Advantage Online and SkWids. And quite frankly, I couldn’t be happier.

Cons

None. But be prepared to work harder than you have before - but also reap greater rewards.

114 Other Employee Reviews for Southwestern Advantage (View Most Recent)

The most challenging and most rewarding, life-changing opportunity for building yourself personally and professionally.

Current Employee - Social Media, Marketing, PR  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Social Media, Marketing, PR in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Southwestern Advantage full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Southwestern Advantage has a company culture and values of positivity, hard work, problem solving, integrity, commitment, friends, and service. The focus of the company program and products are to build people.

Cons

The challenges of the program are no guaranteed income or hourly pay, relocation, commitments, full responsibility for personal success/failure, dealing with rejection, hard work required in building a business

Excellent experience if willing to go the distance

Current Employee - Independent Contractor  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Independent Contractor in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Southwestern Advantage full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great experience. Employers love to see the dedication and persistence. Quickly develop strong people skills.

Cons

Long hours, hard to hear no 30 times a day.

Good system exists. Successful, driven individuals can do very well.

There are newer employer reviews for Southwestern Advantage

Worked for Southwestern Advantage? Contribute to the Community!