Southwestern Advantage

www.southwesternadvantage.com
Engaged Employer
There are newer employer reviews for Southwestern Advantage

The toughest, most rewarding job I've ever had

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Nashville, TN
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Nashville, TN

I worked at Southwestern Advantage part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Gain concrete, marketable skills Learn and perfect soft skills Master the art of Closing

Cons

Long hours Dealing with rejection Confront fears of missing out, failure and the unknown

Other Employee Reviews for Southwestern Advantage

1. Best leadership & mentorship

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Berkeley, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at Southwestern Advantage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is my 6th year working for Southwestern Advantage. I first heard about their summer internship during my freshman year of college at UC Berkeley from a close friend. Not only have I enjoyed my time working here, but I have also grown so much in many aspects of my professional and personal life. Besides the financial compensation and the travel opportunities, the main reason I have decided to come back year after year is the leadership and mentorship in the company. Whenever I have a question or need some advice/guidance, I can very easily and comfortably ask my regional director, and even the President or CEO. It is because of my relentless work-ethic and their leadership that I have been able to reach high levels of success and help my colleagues experience the same. While my ultimate career goal is to become am athletic coach and trainer for professionals, I can say that Southwestern has helped paved the way. And best of all, we market and sell some of the top educational resources in the market. We do a great thing!

Cons

The things that are challenging about the job, are the very reasons that give me opportunities to develop personally and professional: learning to be ok with working long hours, following through with my commitments after the feeling has passed, being a disciplined example for those who I train and lead, sacrificing the things I want in the moment for the things I want most in the future.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay true to our message of controlling only our attitudes and efforts, and letting the rest work itself out.

Southwestern is a good place to get Customer Service skills and build on your communication skills

Former Intern - District Sales Manager in Nashville, TN
    Former Intern - District Sales Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at Southwestern Advantage as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Direct contact with families Sales training Managers calling each day to see how your day is going Hands on meetings to go over your stats each week

Cons

Long hours 75+ hours to even get average earnings ($5000 for one summer) There will be expenses that you may not account for