Southwestern Advantage
www.southwesternadvantage.com Nashville, TN 150 to 499 Employees

Best leadership & mentorship

Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee)
Berkeley, CA

ProsThis is my 6th year working for Southwestern Advantage. I first heard about their summer internship during my freshman year of college at UC Berkeley from a close friend. Not only have I enjoyed my time working here, but I have also grown so much in many aspects of my professional and personal life. Besides the financial compensation and the travel opportunities, the main reason I have decided to come back year after year is the leadership and mentorship in the company. Whenever I have a question or need some advice/guidance, I can very easily and comfortably ask my regional director, and even the President or CEO. It is because of my relentless work-ethic and their leadership that I have been able to reach high levels of success and help my colleagues experience the same. While my ultimate career goal is to become am athletic coach and trainer for professionals, I can say that Southwestern has helped paved the way. And best of all, we market and sell some of the top educational resources in the market. We do a great thing!

ConsThe things that are challenging about the job, are the very reasons that give me opportunities to develop personally and professional: learning to be ok with working long hours, following through with my commitments after the feeling has passed, being a disciplined example for those who I train and lead, sacrificing the things I want in the moment for the things I want most in the future.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to stay true to our message of controlling only our attitudes and efforts, and letting the rest work itself out.

Southwestern is a good place to get Customer Service skills and build on your communication skills

District Sales Manager (Former Employee)
    Nashville, TN

I worked at Southwestern Advantage as an intern for more than a year

Pros: Direct contact with families Sales training Managers calling each day to see how your… Cons: Long hours 75+ hours to even get average earnings ($5000 for… More

DO NOT DO IT

Door-to-Door Sales (Former Employee)
    Nashville, TN

I worked at Southwestern Advantage full-time for less than a year

Pros: You COULD make some money Cons: So many hours (80 per week)! Not guaranteed any money No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Southwestern Advantage.

Worked for Southwestern Advantage? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Southwestern Advantage reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Southwestern Advantage CEO Henry Bedford. All reviews posted anonymously by Southwestern Advantage employees.