Southwestern Advantage

There are newer employer reviews for Southwestern Advantage

amazing

Former Employee - Field Sales Leader
Former Employee - Field Sales Leader

I worked at Southwestern Advantage as an intern (more than 5 years)

Pros

allowed me to develop the attitude and work ethic I would need for the rest of my life

Cons

long hour
no guarantee of success

adapt to the changing times faster

123 Other Employee Reviews for Southwestern Advantage (View Most Recent)

I sold books for one summer in California

Former Employee - Direct Sales Executive in Monterey, CA
    Former Employee - Direct Sales Executive in Monterey, CA

I worked at Southwestern Advantage as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

No place like Southwestern to build character, meet motivated people and learn Sales

Cons

I wasn't prepared for the sales territory that I was sent to (predominantly Mexican and unable to speak English) and occasionally it would have been nice to see more support from individual managers who didn't seem to care if you were struggling for a bit.

Spend more time in field with beginners.

Building character is not for the fainthearted.

Former Employee - Independent Contractor
    Former Employee - Independent Contractor

I worked at Southwestern Advantage as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

Personal growth: more opportunities than you have ever seen packed into a summer or if you decide to "full-time" as they say or work all year long recruiting as well as selling. Southwestern is for people that "work hard/play hard". People that want and need to push themselves and believe in what they are doing. There are many amazing, beautiful, people who believe in the mission and values of SouthWestern. There are some absolutely fabulous skills that can be learned if you apply yourself. There is also the opportunity incredible profit within a short period of time.

Cons

There is a real disregard for driving safety (driving too fast without seat belts to "keep momentum") and personal safety (cold calling late at night without appointments). In order to make the kind of profits that high producers make students/interns work themselves silly. I know people that were in car accidents because they fell asleep at the wheel. Many students get sick, because they don't handle the stress well. That kind of risk can carry a high reward, however, personal safety is very important.

I think that driving safety needs to be an important part of sales school. It needs to emphasized to org leaders that their first years need to have an emergency kit, spare tire, and good insurance---with a rental car clause. I know so many people who wrecked their cars or had to buy new cars in the middle of the summer.

There are newer employer reviews for Southwestern Advantage