Southwestern Advantage

www.southwesternadvantage.com
  www.southwesternadvantage.com
There are newer employer reviews for Southwestern Advantage

The most challenging and rewarding summer internship around.

Former Employee - Field Sales Leader and Salesperson
Former Employee - Field Sales Leader and Salesperson

I worked at Southwestern Advantage

Pros

Southwestern is a great place to learn skills that you can apply in any career path. Even if you never intend to pursue a career in sales, all careers force you to deal with people to some degree. You will learn effective people skills, become familiar with negotiating, and learn how to take inevitable rejection. These are things that I currently face in my career post-SW, and all the time I remember basic principles and best practices I learned from the phenomenal group at Southwestern. And, when I think back to college years, the best memories and stories come from the time spent working and having fun with my team at Southwestern!!

Cons

It is hard work. Things will happen to you and will 'ruin' your day. Your tire will go flat (then someone will stop and help you change it), you'll have someone be rude to you, you'll miss your friends back home, it will rain and you'll get wet, it will be hot and you'll get burnt (don't forget sunscreen!). All things that will happen elsewhere (regardless of this job) and you will navigate seamlessly in no time.

Thank you for all the past training and support; thank you for the alumni networking opportunities and webinars. Please keep them coming!

116 Other Employee Reviews for Southwestern Advantage (View Most Recent)

PERSONAL GROWTH

I have been working at Southwestern Advantage

Pros

Meet great people and make some amazing friends. Extremley fun place to work for a young person in college. Very rewarding if you perform. Best college job ever.

Cons

no home/work balance.
    +80 hours per week.
    high level of rejection.
    Only good for a college job.

Dont brainwash so badly.

One-of-a-kind experience not for the faint of heart

Former Employee - Corporate Recruiter
    Former Employee - Corporate Recruiter

I worked at Southwestern Advantage

Pros

-Best sales training for college students, anywhere, period
    -Incentive trips
    -Unmatched culture of ambition
    -Sales School has been free for the last 4 years, for the 150 (150) years before that, you had to pay for your on materials
    -Resume that can get you a job anywhere you apply; skills to exemplify that resume

Cons

-District Sales Managers as a group are a strange social club where women don't last long and some bad apples turn away future leaders
    -Org Leaders receive no benefits from many additional responsibilities and added expenses

DSM's - give your dead level best effort to be more like Dan Moore.

There are newer employer reviews for Southwestern Advantage

Worked for Southwestern Advantage? Contribute to the Community!