There are newer employer reviews for Southwestern College (California)

Great Place To Work

Current Employee - P/T Adjunct Faculty
Current Employee - P/T Adjunct Faculty

I have been working at Southwestern College (California)

Pros

Fantastic place to work. Deans are flexible,but most importantly the job of teaching young and older students in a communty college environment is nothing short of rewarding.

Cons

Really no downsides, of course teaching p/t is always a challenge if you have no other income, but that's what you sign up for, it is clear from hire what your maximum load can be. They do their best to give you the classes.

You care and it shows, thanks for making it a great place to work. I look forward to many many more years.

13 Other Employee Reviews for Southwestern College (California) (View Most Recent)

Being a Student Worker is a Great Learning Experience

Former Employee - Assistant Lab Technician  in  Chula Vista, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Lab Technician in Chula Vista, CA

I worked at Southwestern College (California) part-time for less than a year

Pros

Work before class. Learn new skills. Use specialty gear even when you are not enrolled in that class. Meet new people. Did I mention LEARN NEW SKILLS like how to repair lighting stands/ fixtures, tripods, microphones.

Cons

Early start. Average hours. 8am-12pm M-Th. I only worked here for 6 months so it is hard to tell if there is opportunity for advancement.

Adjunct Faculty

I have been working at Southwestern College (California)

Pros

Flexibility in scheduling and great students.

Cons

Poor pay. Would like to see more opportunities for part time adjuncts to gain full time opportunities.

Overall cannot complain about management, but new hires often need to learn much on their own how to work within the system. Would help to provide more guidance in this aspect.

There are newer employer reviews for Southwestern College (California)

Worked for Southwestern College (California)? Contribute to the Community!