Great Place To Work

Current Employee - P/T Adjunct Faculty
Current Employee - P/T Adjunct Faculty

I have been working at Southwestern College (California)

Pros

Fantastic place to work. Deans are flexible,but most importantly the job of teaching young and older students in a communty college environment is nothing short of rewarding.

Cons

Really no downsides, of course teaching p/t is always a challenge if you have no other income, but that's what you sign up for, it is clear from hire what your maximum load can be. They do their best to give you the classes.

You care and it shows, thanks for making it a great place to work. I look forward to many many more years.

Other Reviews for Southwestern College (California)

Being a Student Worker is a Great Learning Experience

Former Employee - Assistant Lab Technician  in  Chula Vista, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Lab Technician in Chula Vista, CA

I worked at Southwestern College (California) part-time for less than a year

Pros

Work before class. Learn new skills. Use specialty gear even when you are not enrolled in that class. Meet new people. Did I mention LEARN NEW SKILLS like how to repair lighting stands/ fixtures, tripods, microphones.

Cons

Early start. Average hours. 8am-12pm M-Th. I only worked here for 6 months so it is hard to tell if there is opportunity for advancement.

Tutor

Former Employee - Tutor  in  Chula Vista, CA
    Former Employee - Tutor in Chula Vista, CA

I worked at Southwestern College (California) part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Scheduling is somewhat flexible. Tutors can work pretty much independently and communication is efficient among supervisors, departments and teachers. Work environment is good as well.

Cons

Getting paid monthly, one month late -if you start working in January, you will not receive your first pay check until March- unfortunately, that is true for all employees of the college. There are also not many hours per week offered and not a lot of opportunities to grow professionally within the college

There are newer employer reviews for Southwestern College (California).

Worked for Southwestern College (California)? Contribute to the Community!