Sovereign Bancorp

www.sovereignbank.com

Good Experience for someone to restablish themselves in the banking world.

Current Employee - Small Business Specialist  in  Boston, MA
Current Employee - Small Business Specialist in Boston, MA

Pros

Interact with small business owners.

Cons

High sales pressure, daily company ranking of achieved sales goals. Weighted Average Performance.

please listen to your employees

Other reviews for Sovereign Bancorp

WARNING!

Former Employee - Bank Teller  in  Newtown, CT
    Former Employee - Bank Teller in Newtown, CT

Pros

They offer you exactly what you want, hear what you don't want to do, and then go ahead and do what they want!

Cons

You can't trust what you are told is your job description. Mgmt will change your job description without notifying you and you are stuck! You can't believe what anyone tells you! Bottom line, whether you are able or not, they will put you in a position that they want you in!

Soul Sucking

Current Employee - Teller  in  Bristol, RI
    Current Employee - Teller in Bristol, RI

Pros

If you're interested in that type of market and want to explore the different possibilities that the banking world has to offer, or if you're specifically going to school for Economics or some other related type occupation it's a great fit for you. The possibilities for advancement are great because of how large the corporation is, plus the networking capabilities that could be applied.

Cons

If you're planning to do straightforward type telling, or becoming a personal banking representative, you must prepare yourself to make sales. Selling is the primary job of any of the tellers or the Personal Bankers and is probably the only thing that the upper staff at corporate will care about. If you can't make the sales then they're simply not interested and are constantly nagging about it at almost every 5 minutes of the day.

Please stop nagging us about making the sales. I know that we're still going through the merger and that we need to impress the investors in order to "prove our worth," but really when the merger is complete and they shut down half of the branches because they couldn't make the sales, all the stress that you gave us would really be for not. We are really trying, and every time we get an email or a phone call asking for the updates about our sales? Those stress us out even more and it shows when we try and talk with our customers about the sales. Instead, if you didn't bother us and just simply told us to do the best you can, we'd probably be much happier and make more sales as a result. And really, when it comes down to it, if we focused instead on improving our customer service and actually trying to help and make our customers happy we will make a lot more sales, people will respect us more for it and will tell their friends and family resulting in even more sales. Also! get your technology together, your systems design behind our processing and the new servicing portals is really terrible. You need to find a User Interface designer and a system designer/strategist to redo that one, because right now...it's pathetic.

There are newer employer reviews for Sovereign Bancorp.

Worked for Sovereign Bancorp? Contribute to the Community!