There are newer employer reviews for Sovereign Bancorp

The people that do the most work, lower level, are treated the worst while upper management gets all the praise.

Current Employee - Branch Operations Manager  in  Wyndmoor, PA
Current Employee - Branch Operations Manager in Wyndmoor, PA

I have been working at Sovereign Bancorp

Pros

The close-knit and supportive branch staff work for each other regardless of pressures put upon them from the unsupportive upper management.

Cons

Upper management is too focused on goals and company profits rather then the individual employees who help the company reach the organizations goals

Stop being so short sighted by focusing on the success of the company and realize that the success of the company is based on how happy your employees are with the company they work for.

165 Other Employee Reviews for Sovereign Bancorp (View Most Recent)

The company was not run well.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Sovereign Bancorp

Pros

Benefits are on par with peers.

Cons

You were not given a chance to run with an idea.

Hire good people, reward them for the successful efforts and you will have a successful company.

A good place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Long Branch, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Branch, NJ

I worked at Sovereign Bancorp

Pros

Sovereign hires very capable people to their positions. I thought the HQ branch in NJ was very well run. It was also the training center for new tellers, platform specialists, etc. The company values its employees.

Cons

The consequential branch I got transferred to practice some favoritism. While it went my way, I could see it unfair to other employees that were not.

My advice would be to really get out and spend time at some local branches. Even a few a year would be meaningful to employees in the copy room all the way up to the branch managers. Let them know you are there and that the operation of even a small branch matters.

There are newer employer reviews for Sovereign Bancorp

Worked for Sovereign Bancorp? Contribute to the Community!