There are newer employer reviews for Sovereign Bancorp

The people that do the most work, lower level, are treated the worst while upper management gets all the praise.

Current Employee - Branch Operations Manager in Wyndmoor, PA
Current Employee - Branch Operations Manager in Wyndmoor, PA

I have been working at Sovereign Bancorp

Pros

The close-knit and supportive branch staff work for each other regardless of pressures put upon them from the unsupportive upper management.

Cons

Upper management is too focused on goals and company profits rather then the individual employees who help the company reach the organizations goals

Advice to Management

Stop being so short sighted by focusing on the success of the company and realize that the success of the company is based on how happy your employees are with the company they work for.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. A good place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Branch, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Branch, NJ

I worked at Sovereign Bancorp

Pros

Sovereign hires very capable people to their positions. I thought the HQ branch in NJ was very well run. It was also the training center for new tellers, platform specialists, etc. The company values its employees.

Cons

The consequential branch I got transferred to practice some favoritism. While it went my way, I could see it unfair to other employees that were not.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to really get out and spend time at some local branches. Even a few a year would be meaningful to employees in the copy room all the way up to the branch managers. Let them know you are there and that the operation of even a small branch matters.

2. So far happy, nothing special it is just another job. YOu reap what you saw that is the end, either working hard or not.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

I have been working at Sovereign Bancorp

Pros

Good treatment, committed staff and managers. There are good benefits if hitting the goals likewise when you do not hit them

Cons

high targets to be achieved in this economical situation which after that leads to stress and sometimes resignations. The situation needs a change.

Advice to Management

Would like to revise the staff targets. I think in this time the most important thing is stabilizing and control, no need to push over this limit.