Heaven or hell

Current Employee - Associate Manager
Current Employee - Associate Manager

I have been working at Sovran Self Storage

Pros

It's a day job great for parents. A set schedule and lunch. It can be fun if you manage your time properly. If you have a manager that you get along with it can be heaven. But good communication is essential here.

Cons

God help you if you and your manager don't get along. Associate managers have no support whatsoever as far as you're concerned the manager is sovran. My area manager told me on my first day of training if I can solve a problem do so myself don't call him unless it's absolutely necessary. On a day to day my manager uses profanity and acts inappropriate at work. My training was terrible and confusing they basically handed me a book and said do you know it yet?

Advice to Management

Why are the managers not being evaluated on treating their associates fairly? Why are trainers being paid and put up in hotels if they can't thoroughly explain what's going on? Why do store managers schedule new employees alone in a store on high traffic days? It's really problematic.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. It was ok

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Williamsville, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Williamsville, NY

I have been working at Sovran Self Storage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Co-workers, parking, some team work

Cons

Company should invest more in the employees, too clicky

Advice to Management

None

2. Customer Care Rep.

Current Employee - CCR in Williamsville, NY
    Current Employee - CCR in Williamsville, NY

I have been working at Sovran Self Storage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Give a ways at holidays, nice office, easy parking, really no other Pros to working here.

Cons

Bonus structure is at the whim of the managers and changes monthly without notification. Board members have sexual relations with call center supervisors, and promote through sexual/ family relationships. Instructed to lie to customers about the requirements of buying rental insurance. Trained to tell customers that it is a "law" they have to buy insurance. This in itself is illegal. Requires CCR's to lie to customers about their physical location, pretending to be at stores while all calls are directed to a call center in suburban Buffalo NY location.

Advice to Management

Value quality employees over uneducated family members. Don't lie about bonus structures. Stop lying about insurance requirements.