There are newer employer reviews for Spa AT the Madison

Great if you like doing everyone else's job, and having them call it "teamwork".

Former Employee - Esthetician in Burnaby, BC (Canada)
Former Employee - Esthetician in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I worked at Spa AT the Madison full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great clientele, convenient parking for free, skin care thraining through Dermalogica and Bio Sculpture.

Cons

Pay isn't very good considering minimum wage is 10$ and you'll be lucky to make 13$. Lazy employees make the new staff do all the work. Owner will expect you to be there half an hour early and stay up to an hour late. Doesn't pay overtime or holiday pay. Will take a percentage of your debit/visa tips.

Advice to Management

Check out labour regulations. And review your staff behaviour and morale.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great space, Great clients loads of fun.

Current Employee - Aesthetics Specialest in Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Aesthetics Specialest in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Spa AT the Madison full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great working environment! I've been here now for over two years and the experience has been wonderful! I've built a solid and loyal clientele that i absolutely adore, and i've learned so much more then i could have expected outside of school. My boss Rena Perrotta has encouraged me to continue my education threw "Dermalogica" (our professional skincare line) "Body contouring" threw body beautiful, and she even set me up with an individual eyelash extension course from witch i have become a certified lash extension specialist! Not to mention flexibility with my own lifestyle outside of my spa life and in it as well. We pride ourselves on our boutique style environment and personal working space so our clients may have that one on one relaxation experience. That being said the moments of reunion are a blast too. Everyone knows everyone and sometimes it becomes a party worth attending ;) i Love my spa and i love my co-workers i can honestly say i am currently experiencing the highlight of my career. Granted this is only the beginning and i have so much more to look forward too.

Cons

Far from home (New Westminster) but worth every step.

Advice to Management

We have outgrown our space as a thriving business :) We need a bigger spa!

Allowed me to learn and grow.

Current Employee - Esthetician in Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Esthetician in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Spa AT the Madison full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Quaint day spa, with great clientele. Lots of opportunity for new esthetician to learn skills and grow professionally. Rena runs a very professional shop, although is very personally involved being such a small business. Sometimes too personal.....not necessarily bad, Lots of high quality product with opportunity to take classes and expand knowledge.

Cons

Not allot of walk by traffic so all clientele is word of mouth or social media driven. Service based industry so very tip dependent, as small business can't afford big salary, however comparable to industry standard.

Advice to Management

More advertising and careful who you hire. Small shop can't afford negative energy as in the past, and clientele in very tight knit community so word gets around fast, can be positive and negative.