Spa AT the Madison
spaatthemadison.com Burnaby, Canada 1 to 5 Employees

Allowed me to learn and grow.

Esthetician (Current Employee)
Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Spa AT the Madison full-time for more than 3 years

ProsQuaint day spa, with great clientele. Lots of opportunity for new esthetician to learn skills and grow professionally. Rena runs a very professional shop, although is very personally involved being such a small business. Sometimes too personal.....not necessarily bad, Lots of high quality product with opportunity to take classes and expand knowledge.

ConsNot allot of walk by traffic so all clientele is word of mouth or social media driven. Service based industry so very tip dependent, as small business can't afford big salary, however comparable to industry standard.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore advertising and careful who you hire. Small shop can't afford negative energy as in the past, and clientele in very tight knit community so word gets around fast, can be positive and negative.

Boutique Spa with great neighborhood feel

I have been working at Spa AT the Madison

Pros: Great clientele and all services that are offered at high end spas. Easy to access with free street parking and quality products and services. Opportunity… Cons: Boutique size spa so space is limited and sometimes there is… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great if you like doing everyone else's job, and having them call it "teamwork".

Esthetician (Former Employee)
Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I worked at Spa AT the Madison full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great clientele, convenient parking for free, skin care thraining through… Cons: Pay isn't very good considering minimum wage is 10$ and you'll be lucky to make 13$. Lazy employees make the new staff do all the… Advice to Senior Management: Check out labour regulations. And review your staff behaviour … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Spa AT the Madison.

Worked for Spa AT the Madison? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Spa AT the Madison reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Spa AT the Madison employees.