Space Systems/Loral

www.ssloral.com

Stuck in the 60's

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsGreat pay and great work. You get to be with real hardware that actually will remain out in space. Coworkers are very friendly toward each other and spend some time aways from work together at personal gatherings.

Consthe company culture is very "Old school." Most people are NOT given the option to work from home. It is not a very flexivle work environment especially if you work with or around the manufacturing teams. almost all people are expected to work at least 10% more on a regular basis. Lots of people work on weekends and work 10 hour days regurlarly.

Advice to Senior ManagementIts 2012 and your company is physically less than a couple miles away from google and when you look at the company culture you are decades away. Employees at Loral are given very little latitude to create, take ownership and leadership. Most employees feel micromanaged. This goes from managers the way down to the individual contributor.

There are too much unreasonable expectations and deadlines to perform tasks and assignments.

Engineering Specialist (Current Employee) East Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Space Systems/Loral

Pros: Job Security is very high. People do not get layed off; they get fired, but it takes a year. Loral gives people a… Cons: There is a reason why job security is very high. Loral tries to win contracts at any cost. This includes underbidding with a… Advice to Senior Management: Learn to win contracts with a more decent schedule and cost and reasonable… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

New industry for me, new experiences, gaining great knowledge, but...

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Space Systems/Loral

Pros: Benefits include paying tuition when it's due (not a reimbursement), plenty of choices for medical, dental, and vision,… Cons: Much of the management seems to be senior engineering and not complete managers. Most have grasped the technology and requirements knowledge, but the lacking… Advice to Senior Management: Require senior level oversight of new employees at least half as much as we push… More
There are newer reviews on Space Systems/Loral.

Worked for Space Systems/Loral? Contribute to the Community!