Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Space Systems/Loral for less than a year

Pros

Smaller company, executives are accessible, cafeteria is good, flexible hours, benefits are okay, Bay Area is great.

Cons

There is a lot of "who's on first". People do not come to meetings on time. Lots of people use the phone instead of email which is archaic and inefficient when a lot of people travel.

I think management is doing a good job. My supervisor is accessible and good at giving constructive criticism.

Other Reviews for Space Systems/Loral

Heaven and Hell

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Space Systems/Loral full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Very challenging work with "bleeding edge" technologies, working with some of the most brilliant people in the field.

Cons

Clueless management, only interested in the next contract (rather than providing quality on current ones). Almost always over-committing -- promising to deliver insane amounts of work to an impossibly short schedule, and never learning the lesson even though we constantly failed to meet schedule and constantly over-ran.

(see 'cons')

Space Systems/Loral is a great place to work.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Space Systems/Loral

Pros

Once employed, there are substantial opportunities for LATERAL movement allowing engineers and other technical staff to introduce themselves to new fields and job descriptions. Depending on position within the company, there are opportunities to travel abroad.

Cons

There is a large disconnect between departments which is typical of a company this size, but still an inconvenience. Additionally, their cafeteria SUCKS!

Leadership is making great strides in streamlining the company and improving management - staff relations. My advice is they continue down that road.

There are newer employer reviews for Space Systems/Loral.

Worked for Space Systems/Loral? Contribute to the Community!