There are newer employer reviews for Space Systems/Loral

Great experience, felt like everyone I met was smart and driven.

Current Employee - Associate Systems Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - Associate Systems Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Space Systems/Loral full-time (less than a year)

Pros

It is challenging and rewarding work. You're apart of systems that are used by millions and millions of people in the world. You're surrounded by intelligent co-workers that seriously know their stuff.

Cons

The compensation isn't as competitive as other companies in the area. The facilities may seem a bit older than other nearby companies. The buildings are spread out and you need to take shuttles to get around.

Advice to Management

Consider looking into younger employees as the company is very senior heavy.

reviews filtered by

Awful and out-of-touch management

Former Employee - Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Space Systems/Loral full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You can get away with working much less hours here than at other places I have been at.

Cons

AWFUL and out-of-touch management, unnecessary layers of middle management, each only concerned with how to make themselves look good. Very poor morale (this is probably somewhat dependent on what department you are in). Different departments care only about themselves rather than working together and can be extremely rude and condescending to each other. I have seen people promoted to positions blatantly not on any merit. Technologically, they are behind the curve, you won't really work on anything "cutting edge" here. If you actually care about trying to make a difference, you will be in the minority here. Glad I moved on.

Old company, hard to make changes, but laid back

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Space Systems/Loral full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work-life balance = good.
    Benefits = average

Cons

Old company, hard to make changes. Using old technology: (1)just upgraded to Windows 2010 at year 2013, (2) Just upgraded to new phone system at year 2010, threw away the phones from 50 years ago - all yellow and no screen display, etc.
    Not open to innovative ideas. Raises are very low (Top performer only gets 3%!!!) Don't care much about employees (doesn't provide basic things such as water, coffee, snacks). Took away sick/personal days last year, now we only get 10 days a year.

Advice to Management

Time to listen to employee opinions. Time to upgrade business model and marketing strategy so we can become more profitable. Time to provide water and coffee.

There are newer employer reviews for Space Systems/Loral