Top notch working environment.

I worked at Space Systems/Loral

Pros

The process of design, test, launch, and on-station operations are far superior to other companies in the commercial satellite business

Cons

The downside to working for Space Systems/Loral is not working at the facility but getting to the facility. The traffic is out of this world

To remain a leader one needs to constantly strive to improve on the strengths of the company. The employees are the strength that the company depends on.

Other Reviews for Space Systems/Loral

new

I have been working at Space Systems/Loral

Pros

Lot of things to learn

Cons

big... can be quite overwhelming

I'll ad that later, new there

Okay to work for if you don't mind long hours

Former Employee - Engineering Specialist
    Former Employee - Engineering Specialist

I worked at Space Systems/Loral

Pros

There are a lot of great people to work with at SS/L. Most people are easy-going, friendly, and helpful. In STO there is an dynamic environment that makes most days very interesting.

Cons

As a STO employee there are very long hours. Typically running 24/7 and lots of calls late at night. Technically the job is fairly uninteresting and I did not feel as intellectually challenged as I have in other jobs. There is a very adversarial relationship between systems engineering and STO. There is a feeling that systems does not respect STO and vice-versa. This creates a difficult working relationship when trying to integrate these satlellites

Create better work life balance for STO employees. It is very difficult to see any benefits of staying at Loral when you can easily find other jobs in the same area with better work life balance, pay, and technology.

There are newer employer reviews for Space Systems/Loral.

Worked for Space Systems/Loral? Contribute to the Community!