Spacelabs Healthcare

www.spacelabshealthcare.com
  www.spacelabshealthcare.com
There are newer employer reviews for Spacelabs Healthcare

Struggling to achieve past greatness

Former Employee - Technical Project Manager in Issaquah, WA
Former Employee - Technical Project Manager in Issaquah, WA

I worked at Spacelabs Healthcare as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Good people, relaxed environment, opportunity to help people.

Cons

Management seems to have lost focus on the people that make the company what it is.

Stop micromanaging and let the people you hired do the job you hired them for.

27 Other Employee Reviews for Spacelabs Healthcare (View Most Recent)

Legacy products, ideas and people make for an non innovative company

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Snoqualmie, WA
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Snoqualmie, WA

I worked at Spacelabs Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work hours are fairly flexible depending on your manager

Cons

The difference between a merit increase of a top performer is negligible to that of a low performer, creating no incentive to overachieve.
    Product development team spends a significant amount of time firefighting legacy product issues instead of obsoleting legacy products.
    No innovation, a follower in the industry instead of a leader
    Lack of resources for most projects.
    Lack of communication between different business areas
    Many employees are close to retirement.
    Fresh university graduates are not well mentored and there is no emphasis on career development

Management needs to invest in their top performers and get rid of the low ones. Tolerating low performers forces high performers to leave.
    Take preventative actions to keep employees happy instead of waiting until they resign, at that point it is too late.

Really awful company to work for and a difficult environment to tolerate.

Former Employee - Buyer/Planner II in Snoqualmie, WA
    Former Employee - Buyer/Planner II in Snoqualmie, WA

I worked at Spacelabs Healthcare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Sometimes they scheduled an annual picnic that was nice to take your family to.

Cons

Required me to work (5) five days a week plus weekends (most of the time) and never allowed a true vacation (if I was allowed a vacation, I would always get a call and be asked to turn it into a working vacation) But, most requests for vacation were denied based upon that it was never a good time and they could not afford for any of their employees to be gone. The main reason for this is that they have a ratio of (1) one person doing (2) two peoples jobs. Over the years, I accumulated the maximum number of hours of vacation time or PTO - Paid Time Off as they called it. And this was (6) weeks. And even being maxed out and not having a vacation for the previous (3) three years, I still couldn't get a vacation approved. Then I started losing time (each paycheck) because you can only accumulate so much. When I was laid off, I was denied the pay out of the (6) six weeks that I had earned. What really made it unbearable was how upper-management would take elaborate vacations (sometimes up to four weeks and in exotic places) and then come back with reports of how wonderful it was for them and their families. Crazy but true!

Have a heart, people deserve the perks that are offered at the beginning of their employment. Let your employees have what you promised and what they earned for showing up each and every day. If you deny them a vacation, don't keep the pay too, employees have families and children that may have to forfeit their time together during vacations, for the sake of the company, as you often explained, but why do employees have to forfeit maybe having a new TV, or couch, or refrigerator or even accumulating a college fund so that their children may get a higher education. Please don't deny your employees vacation and keep the pay as well!

There are newer employer reviews for Spacelabs Healthcare