Spacelabs Healthcare
www.spacelabshealthcare.com Snoqualmie, WA 1000 to 5000 Employees

A place where individuals can make a difference

Software Development (Current Employee)
Snoqualmie, WA

I have been working at Spacelabs Healthcare full-time for less than a year

ProsA software engineering environment that encourages experimentation. Products that make a difference -- we're literally building software that can help keep someone alive. Feels like a small company -- with < 100 people in R&D in Snoqualmie, every one has impact and can change product direction by convincing a few key folks. Management focuses on a manageable work week, so no one is working crazy hours on a regular basis. Snoqualmie Ridge location is beautiful and the reverse commute from the Eastside is painless.

ConsHealth benefits are more expensive than other tech companies. While company is hiring new software engineers, there are too many products to be built by too few engineers, so lead times are long. Regulatory environment is tough to get used to and can feel frustrating when it's time to release a product.

Advice to Senior ManagementUse a portfolio approach to R&D investment: invest in a small number of strategic products and make them amazing. Build a plan that obsoletes the old product lines faster rather than spending time and energy putting bandaids on them.

Programmer

Programmer (Former Employee)

I worked at Spacelabs Healthcare full-time

Pros: Small to medium company with friendly people working there Cons: Downsized and outsourced due to poor financial management. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Struggling to achieve past greatness

Technical Project Manager (Former Employee)
Issaquah, WA

I worked at Spacelabs Healthcare as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: Good people, relaxed environment, opportunity to help people. Cons: Management seems to have lost focus on the people that… Advice to Senior Management: Stop micromanaging and let the people you hired do the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Spacelabs Healthcare.

Worked for Spacelabs Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Spacelabs Healthcare reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Spacelabs Healthcare CEO Deepak Chopra . All reviews posted anonymously by Spacelabs Healthcare employees.