Spacelabs Healthcare

www.spacelabshealthcare.com

Ok place but very little room to advance in pay and/or position

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Tyler, TX

ProsFlexible, Salary non-exempt (get 40 hrs regardless + ava for OT), company car, techie job that mixes with a sales rep attitude while wearing the "good ole boy" hat!

ConsCustomers are your co-workers, if you dont mind working alone, it is a pro and not a con. Lots of traveling to home office (Seattle) for 1, 2 or 3 weeks at a time for additonal product training . Training is sub standard and can not be easily applied in field situations. Management is quick to throw you to the wolves, ship you off outside of your territory while holding you completely responsible for your own territory and will immediately throw you under the bus to keep the company from taking any kind of heat. Hard to get paid for OT, considering a LOT of time is spent afterhours working on emails, etc, etc and you are not given appropriate means to charge for the hours. Pay to work ratio (based on knowledge and skill set required) is WAY below competition. Product technology needs to move forward and keep up with the times. Too much time spent learning the OLD stuff, supporting the OLD stuff, etc...nothing new! If you dont argue your starting pay, you will wish you did for the rest of your career. Example or maybe a rumor: Rep #1 only has 2 years invested, Rep #2 has 30+ years invested and Rep #1 makes $6k more per year than Rep #2. Thats right, OUCH! I understand how it all works, but if I was in middle management, I couldnt sleep at night.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management does a decent job, however middle management needs to give better feedback pro and con to help employees move forward. Middle management: stand up for your reps, give credit where it is due and give pay incentives and increases. Make room in the budget!

Good company where an individual can make an impact.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Issaquah, WA

I worked at Spacelabs Healthcare

Pros: The company while employing about 1,000 feels small enough that you can easily affect change and have a positive impact.… Cons: Some departments, though not all, have a lack of communication with their employees. This sometimes results in different staff members performing similar tasks to achieve… Advice to Senior Management: Improve communications within departments and across departments. If employees have a clearer understanding of how their department interacts and affects another, they will find the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Pleasant place to work, but vast amount of unmaintainable, legacy code, and no desire from management to replace it.

I have been working at Spacelabs Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Colleagues Work can be interesting when not stuck on legacy projects Work-life-balance good without… Cons: Lots of legacy software and hardware products still in use… Advice to Senior Management: Think to the future. Endlessly maintaining current products rather than developing new products leads to an ageing product portfolio and a declining… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Spacelabs Healthcare.

Worked for Spacelabs Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!