Spansion
www.spansion.com Sunnyvale, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

This company does not care about it's employees.

Product Engineer (Former Employee)
Austin, TX

ProsThe group I worked with was great. The work was usually interesting, and I enjoyed the disappearing "AMD" culture. Generally at the level where work actually gets done, there are a lot of great people.

ConsThey are willing to lay you off without any notice and no severance package, even violating the law. The new CEO, John Kispert, is as incompetent as he is heartless. The layoff stunt in parallel with executive pay increases was a PR nightmare that should never have happened, even just beyond the ethics. They have complete disregard for the welfare of employees. I would never recommend or work for this company again. After all, you could be next.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop some basic human decency.

a good place to learn

I have been working at Spansion

Pros: friendly and helpful co-workers, good work-life balance, amazing place to learn… Cons: legacy systems and practices, tough market-a shrinking NOR market,falling ASPs,bad financial decisions,slow decision making-(eg)projects getting cancelled just when the project is in the final stages… Advice to Senior Management: get your priorities clear on which projects you want to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great people, poor management

Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee)

I have been working at Spansion

Pros: In terms of technology, it is at the forefront. So it is a great place to work with a… Cons: Management sucks. In this latest economic crisis, the management has shown little respect to its dedicated workforce. They laid… Advice to Senior Management: Management needs to respect their people. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Spansion.

Worked for Spansion? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Spansion reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Spansion CEO John H. Kispert. All reviews posted anonymously by Spansion employees.