Iron Stomach (and Closed Mouth) Required to Work Here

Current Employee - Engineer II in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Engineer II in Austin, TX

I have been working at Spansion

Pros

I can't deny it - I am well-paid.

Cons

Your vacation time is held hostage by market fluctuations in that you are told when you can and cannot take your vacation. A benefit promised to you can be taken away at any time.

Advice to Management

If you're going on a "money-saving" spree, make it worthwhile and lasting. Truly evaluate how many employees are needed to get a job done. In many cases there are far too many do-nothings and hard-working employees are let go to "save money". In truth it would be cheaper to retain 5 hard-workers and let go of 10 "cheaper" workers. Review your HR department. Those with serious management concerns cannot even get their e-mails responded to by HR.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Meet Spansion® – Enabling a More Mobile, Digital, Media-Rich Global Society

Current Employee - IT Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Spansion

Pros

Spansion is the largest company exclusively focused on Flash memory solutions. Flash memory can be found in nearly every electronic device- in cell phones, cars, printers, networking equipment, set-top boxes, high-definition TVs, games and other consumer electronics. As people continue to demand more multimedia content in their homes, at work and on the go, and as electronic products become increasingly complex, the amount of Flash memory in electronic devices will continue to grow. With a primary focus on the integrated Flash memory market, our solutions are incorporated into electronic products from Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), including the top ten handset, consumer electronics and automotive OEMs around the world.

Cons

low pay, bankrupt, firing without severance

Advice to Management

Sell the company to Micron/Toshiba

This company does not care about it's employees.

Former Employee - Product Engineer in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Product Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at Spansion

Pros

The group I worked with was great. The work was usually interesting, and I enjoyed the disappearing "AMD" culture. Generally at the level where work actually gets done, there are a lot of great people.

Cons

They are willing to lay you off without any notice and no severance package, even violating the law. The new CEO, John Kispert, is as incompetent as he is heartless. The layoff stunt in parallel with executive pay increases was a PR nightmare that should never have happened, even just beyond the ethics. They have complete disregard for the welfare of employees. I would never recommend or work for this company again. After all, you could be next.

Advice to Management

Develop some basic human decency.