Spansion
www.spansion.com Sunnyvale, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Meet Spansion® – Enabling a More Mobile, Digital, Media-Rich Global Society

IT Manager (Current Employee)
Sunnyvale, CA

ProsSpansion is the largest company exclusively focused on Flash memory solutions. Flash memory can be found in nearly every electronic device- in cell phones, cars, printers, networking equipment, set-top boxes, high-definition TVs, games and other consumer electronics. As people continue to demand more multimedia content in their homes, at work and on the go, and as electronic products become increasingly complex, the amount of Flash memory in electronic devices will continue to grow.

With a primary focus on the integrated Flash memory market, our solutions are incorporated into electronic products from Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), including the top ten handset, consumer electronics and automotive OEMs around the world.

Conslow pay, bankrupt, firing without severance

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the company to Micron/Toshiba

Great engineering, tough business

Process Engineer (Current Employee)
    Austin, TX

I have been working at Spansion

Pros: The culture is hard-driving and meritocratic, where respect for people is a core value. There are… Cons: Layoffs and lean hiring since spinning off from AMD and Fujitsu have left a relatively senior workforce--experienced and talented but also somewhat less vibrant than… Advice to Senior Management: There have been several bet-the-company decisions that seem poor. The fact that SP1 was built in Japan, with *zero* government incentives probably killed the… More

This company does not care about it's employees.

Product Engineer (Former Employee)
    Austin, TX

I worked at Spansion

Pros: The group I worked with was great. The work was usually interesting, and I enjoyed the disappearing… Cons: They are willing to lay you off without any notice and no severance package, even violating the law. The new CEO, John Kispert, is… Advice to Senior Management: Develop some basic human decency. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Spansion.

Worked for Spansion? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Spansion reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Spansion CEO John H. Kispert. All reviews posted anonymously by Spansion employees.