Spansion
www.spansion.com Sunnyvale, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Stay Away

Senior Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee)

ProsThere are some very high quality individuals that work here. Please be kind to them when they inevitably come looking for that next job. Also, it is a paycheck in an otherwise poor economy, but as far as management goes, they are as Morally Bankrupt as they are Economically Bankrupt (Chapter 11).

ConsDo not come to work here!

The Company will say anything to get you to come, when it hires. When they don't deliver it will be "Well, things change". They don't pay out their bonuses, and they will probably give you a paycut after a while. Everyone received a 5% pay cut. No communication on if its permanent or not. Executives kept full pay, as they bleed the company dry.

Inherently unstable, may not be here in a year. The business model here is still broken, I believe the are mortgaging their future to live for the day. At least they provide jobs during a poor economy, too bad there is not a real future.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop running a political shop, and start focusing on real measurable productivity. Reward those that put up, remove those that don't. You don't have enough free cash/energy to continue to tolerate the deadwood that still fills the halls.

Once great company battered by tough industry, dismal economy, weak leadership, and unassertive negotiators.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Austin, TX

I worked at Spansion

Pros: I loved the people I worked with at Spansion. They tended to be very bright and hard working problem solvers. Spansion permitted its… Cons: Spansion's economic model was flawed. For a very long time, AMD and Intel were locked into a price war in flash memory that caused… Advice to Senior Management: Rebuild Austin manufacturing. Hire some better negotiators. Get back in the mobile phone business as long as you can negotiate proper pricing (i.e.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great ... until upper management steered us into the rocks

Senior Process Engineer (Former Employee)
    Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Spansion

Pros: The SDC was a wonderful place to work - lots of commitment to development of… Cons: Upper management did a poor job of managing the company as the economy came into a downturn. Due to new factory construction, company never… Advice to Senior Management: I'm not sure whether SPSN has a future any more. Without R&D,… More
There are newer reviews on Spansion.

Worked for Spansion? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Spansion reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Spansion CEO John H. Kispert. All reviews posted anonymously by Spansion employees.