Spansion
www.spansion.com Sunnyvale, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

A disappointing, dishonest and exploitative employer

Product Engineer (Current Employee)
Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Spansion full-time for more than 3 years

Pros- A selection of on-line training courses are available on the company intranet
- Colleagues at the same or lower level in the company hierarchy are generally helpful
- Spansion is a fast-moving company and has interesting technology to work on

Cons- Continual and regular (every 18 months) lay-offs make this company a poor career choice. This leads to a culture of everyone being fearful to make important decisions, in case they are the next to be made redundant.
- For a technology company, investment in engineering and supporting the technical growth of engineering staff comes as an afterthought. Spansion is driven by a short-term desire to achieve quarterly fiscal targets, and little else. Long-range, future-orientated planning is non-existent.
- Be extremely cautious and wary of any promises or incentives made to try to get you to 'sign-up' during the interview process.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut the interests of the company before your own!

lacks direction, still carries the baggage of its AMD days

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Spansion full-time

Pros: I cannot think of a single pro Cons: - very low compensation - no career growth - too much politics, everybody just wants to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I had fun working with the people there

I have been working at Spansion

Pros: Fast Paced environment with good people Cons: No room for advancement within Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your underlings more More

There are newer reviews on Spansion.

Worked for Spansion? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Spansion reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Spansion CEO John H. Kispert. All reviews posted anonymously by Spansion employees.