Spansion
www.spansion.com Sunnyvale, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Set expectations for a short-term career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Spansion

ProsPay scale competitive and management treats employees fairly and with respect. Offers a challenging and face paced work environment.

ConsAs a "Memory Semiconductor" company, cash and profits will always be a struggle. Set Spansion career expectations for short-term employment. Keep resume updated and active. Poor CEO/management decisions put company in bankruptcy. Many empolyee's upset about short notice layoff in early 2009, but this is part of working for a company struggling to make a profit in a very tough market environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementAvoid double standards with VP & Executives versus the rank and file. During the 2008/09 furlough days (and paycuts) there was a clear double standard as VP's were exempt from the paycut. Rank and file definately felt slighted and rightfully so.

Stay Away

Senior Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee)

I have been working at Spansion

Pros: There are some very high quality individuals that work here. Please be kind to them when they inevitably come looking for that next job.… Cons: Do not come to work here! The Company will say anything to get you to come, when it hires. When they don't deliver it will be… Advice to Senior Management: Stop running a political shop, and start focusing on real measurable productivity. Reward those that put up, remove those… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Once great company battered by tough industry, dismal economy, weak leadership, and unassertive negotiators.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Austin, TX

I worked at Spansion

Pros: I loved the people I worked with at Spansion. They tended to be very bright and hard working problem solvers. Spansion permitted its… Cons: Spansion's economic model was flawed. For a very long time, AMD and Intel were locked into a price war in flash memory that caused… Advice to Senior Management: Rebuild Austin manufacturing. Hire some better negotiators. Get back in the mobile phone business as long as you can negotiate proper pricing (i.e.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Spansion.

Worked for Spansion? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Spansion reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Spansion CEO John H. Kispert. All reviews posted anonymously by Spansion employees.