There are newer employer reviews for Sparks Personnel Services

Working with Sparks Personnel Services was a great experience for me.

Former Employee - Executive Administrative in Rockville, MD
Former Employee - Executive Administrative in Rockville, MD

I worked at Sparks Personnel Services

Pros

Great hourly pay rates., friendly staff, and highly recommended.

Cons

Lack of consistant assignments when current assignment is completed.

Advice to Management

Sparks Personnel Services is still to me one of the greatest staffing agencies around!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. The Most Amazing Place to Work

Current Employee - Staffing Specialist in Concord, NH
    Current Employee - Staffing Specialist in Concord, NH

I have been working at Sparks Personnel Services

Pros

Communication, Honesty, Integrity, Leadership, Learning. Those are all assets you get when you are working for Sparks Employment Group, LLC. They are a leading company in employment placement and are upstanding people to work for.

Cons

As of right now, I do not have any cons for Sparks Employment Group. The only Con I could think of is that as of right now, they do not offer a benefits package.

Advice to Management

There is no advice for the company, and the feedback to them is nothing but positive. I've been employed for seven years and have not been dissatisfied with their company.

Lack of organizational professionalism, ethics and respect.

Former Employee - Recruiter in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Washington, DC

I worked at Sparks Personnel Services

Pros

Pretty good benefits for internal employees.

Cons

This will sound like I am a disgruntled employee and I want to say I am not. I did not leave under bad circumstances nor with an overly negative feeling about SPARKS. The reason I am posting this is because I did not completely understand how bad things were until I left org and was treated so much better. I did however, recognize things were not right so I left in pursuit of a better place to work. So let’s talk about my perception of SPARKS. First, there is a major problem within the organization of top mgrs talking disrespectfully about staff; more often than not, facilitating organizational gossip on a very grand scale. Top mgrs will lie right to internal and external employees face to get what he/she wants in org. Top Mgrs refuse to listen to or research ideas from internal line staff. Often top mgrs are disrespectful to internal and external staff to the point that looking back it almost always left one feeling like grade school bullying. At SPARKS, there is no work life balance for internal staff and absolutely no professional growth opportunities. Salaries are not overly competitive and inconsistent across org with peers. There is a very high turnover rate with internal staff ( one only need look at the recent loss of almost the entire staff of top performers to see they have a problem). I do not see SPARKS as an ethical org as top mgmt is willing lie to customers to save face and get the sale. Owner is out of touch with org and has little respect for line staff. There is no organizational communication and more often than not, plans laid out by owner never come to fruition. There is absolutely no internal HR and that means there is a complete lack of privacy within the company. A huge potential for lawsuits exist (that I find quite alarming now that I am outside looking in). Overall, I think SPARKS lacks general understanding of the concept and sense of what “customer service” is when dealing with both their clients and the external employees.

Advice to Management

Please take the time to really listen when asking what you could do better. A good overhaul of top mgrs is not recommended it is NEEDED! Just a little side note: we all remember that certain someone who utters way way way to many "umms" with a lot of "uuhs" thrown in because he lacks any public speaking ability. Take a toast master class PLEASE!