Sparks Personnel Services

www.sparkshr.com
  www.sparkshr.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sparks Personnel Services

HMMMM Looks like Sparks is putting in its own reviews to pump up it's overall rating.

Former Employee - Associate Manager
Former Employee - Associate Manager

I worked at Sparks Personnel Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Not sure I can recall any.

Cons

I read the recent reviews and had to chuckle. I have to say they are exactly like every other staffing service out there, pushing sales over service EVERYTIME. The salaries are way out of line with what is posted on here. As a former Associate Manager for three years I never made the kind of money they claim and I worked my tail off.

They claim the have a work life balance well I can say I was almost always the first in and the last out working long hours with little to no return. Going out and getting drunk after work is not FUN at work it is drinking away the problems.

They tend to fill their respective staff with mostly young women and typically white women just out of college with little to no business sense. About half the staff was nice the rest were kind of snobby, rude and just plain mean spirited.

I agree with the other posting that the team of upper management is all just a bunch of bullies. Specifically one or two come to mind who do in fact talk about other staff. They seem to always be spreading rumors and gossip. There is always drama with the internal staff.
FYI They will take away the 401K whenever things get a little tough.

The also have a serious leadership problem. We know your heart is not in it, your just there for the easy $. Sell the company already!

15 Other Employee Reviews for Sparks Personnel Services (View Most Recent)

DC Office was OK

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Washington, DC

I worked at Sparks Personnel Services as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great local connections where you can get your foot in the door.

Cons

The Sparks office recruiters tend to form an opinion of you very quickly, and will always listen to the person next to them.

Please take greater interest in your "talent". Teach the recruiters to be independent thinkers.

Found me an excellent job quickly and I got started right away

Former Employee - Research Analyst in Springfield, VA
    Former Employee - Research Analyst in Springfield, VA

I worked at Sparks Personnel Services as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Sparks has a quick-expedited hiring process as long as your background meets current contracts. The staff is friendly, helpful and very responsive to employee issues.

Cons

I was contracted out to another company which was contracted to another organization. The pay was on the low end of what I was expecting but it got me a job that helped propel my career.

There are newer employer reviews for Sparks Personnel Services