Sparks Personnel Services
www.sparkshr.com Rockville, MD

HMMMM Looks like Sparks is putting in its own reviews to pump up it's overall rating.

Associate Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Sparks Personnel Services full-time for more than 3 years

ProsNot sure I can recall any.

ConsI read the recent reviews and had to chuckle. I have to say they are exactly like every other staffing service out there, pushing sales over service EVERYTIME. The salaries are way out of line with what is posted on here. As a former Associate Manager for three years I never made the kind of money they claim and I worked my tail off.

They claim the have a work life balance well I can say I was almost always the first in and the last out working long hours with little to no return. Going out and getting drunk after work is not FUN at work it is drinking away the problems.

They tend to fill their respective staff with mostly young women and typically white women just out of college with little to no business sense. About half the staff was nice the rest were kind of snobby, rude and just plain mean spirited.

I agree with the other posting that the team of upper management is all just a bunch of bullies. Specifically one or two come to mind who do in fact talk about other staff. They seem to always be spreading rumors and gossip. There is always drama with the internal staff.
FYI They will take away the 401K whenever things get a little tough.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe also have a serious leadership problem. We know your heart is not in it, your just there for the easy $. Sell the company already!

DC Office was OK

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)
Washington, DC

I worked at Sparks Personnel Services as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros: Great local connections where you can get your foot in… Cons: The Sparks office recruiters tend to form an opinion of you… Advice to Senior Management: Please take greater interest in your "talent". Teach the recruiters… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Found me an excellent job quickly and I got started right away

Research Analyst (Former Employee)
Springfield, VA

I worked at Sparks Personnel Services as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Sparks has a quick-expedited hiring process as long as your background meets… Cons: I was contracted out to another company which was contracted to another organization. The pay was on the… More

There are newer reviews on Sparks Personnel Services.

Worked for Sparks Personnel Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sparks Personnel Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sparks Personnel Services CEO Steve Sparks. All reviews posted anonymously by Sparks Personnel Services employees.