Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

I have been working at Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System

Pros

Great place to work and compensation fairly. Stable environment.

Cons

Insurance plan is a joke. People are not encouraged to go anywhere but Spartanburg owned doctors.

Advice to Management

Make sure to recognize employee achievements and work on a better insurance plan.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

This is a transcriptionist's experience in the employ of Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System.

Current Employee - Medical Transcriptionist in Spartanburg, SC
    Current Employee - Medical Transcriptionist in Spartanburg, SC

I have been working at Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System

Pros

The benefits package is very good in comparison to others in the community, above and beyond for the employee. There are many free activities and classes offered for employees. Tuition reimbursement program is available for education which may be used in the workplace. Ample opportunities are made available to share opinions with management. Equipment is adequate to excellent. The reputation of the hospital is very good in the local community as well as statewide and nationally. Most employees take pride in the innovations SRHS has brought to the area. There are overall goals set and each employee is made to feel a part in achieving those goals. The level of care the hospital provides is second to none in the state.

Cons

Often, employee input is not acted upon. Additionally, adherence to "policy" seems to be more important to management than the individual employee's situation and needs. Policy is changed by management without notice or input from the employees, and adherence is mandatory. Parking is inadequate and not felt to be "secure/safe" by many employees despite video surveillance. Overall, bottom line weighs more than employee satisfaction. Certain departments do not provide continuing education or any room for career advancement.

Advice to Management

Hold management at all levels accountable at the same standard as the other employees. Our managers review our performance, and our pay raises are based on those reviews, but we do not get to have input into the review of our managers. Someone should be the advocate for the employees in a department; my manager does not go to bat for us. In every situation, higher management supports lower management but it stops there with the employees having a right to an opinion but no power to get a situation objectively and adequately addressed. While someone in management does need managerial experience, that person also needs a thorough understanding, "walk in my shoes" understanding of the tasks required of the employees in the department. A manager over nurses should have experienced being a nurse at least for a day or shadowing as the tasks are performed. A manager over transcription should know transcription or shadow a transcriptionist for at least a day. Being managed by someone who only knows how to "manage" but does not know the job breeds resentment toward the manager for "not understanding" the issues faced by the employees.

2. Good place except for management

I have been working at Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System

Pros

State retirement is a plus

Cons

Upper management is the down side