Spartech
www.spartech.com Clayton, MO 1000 to 5000 Employees

One Hot Mess

Prosvery unique manufacturing environment; great people who work hard; lots of potential to be a great company and supplier.

ConsNo training; sink-or-swim effect; management thinks they know what to do but wastes time on non-value added objectives; too many meetings; lack of direction for employees (both new and existing); very little room for advancement if any at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to ideas and be open; please stop saying that you want to listen and then wish to table it for a later conversation; please implement a training program to provide structure for any new/existing employees. Maybe PolyOne merger is a good idea afterall...

Plenty of work everyday but very poorly managed and senior management is dis functional

Corporate Office (Former Employee)
    Saint-Louis (Reunion)

I worked at Spartech full-time for more than a year

Pros: Variety of work Plenty of learning opportunities Cons: LOTS of hours. 60-70 hour work weeks Pay inequity Intercompany/department fighting Advice to Senior Management: Culture Survey More

Great place to work and make money.

Former Operator (Former Employee)
    Muncie, IN

I worked at Spartech full-time for more than a year

Pros: This is an excellent company for those who like to work overtime. Also, there is always… Cons: Due to 12-hour shifts, the long hours may be too much for some, particularly those… Advice to Senior Management: None. Management was excellent, specifically in providing communication to employees… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Spartech.

Worked for Spartech? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Spartech reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Spartech CEO Victoria M. (Vicki) Holt. All reviews posted anonymously by Spartech employees.