Megapath (formerly Speakeasy)

I worked at Speakeasy

Pros

There used to be very smart people who worked and played hard. Because the ship ran so lean you had to wear many hats and that meant opportunities to learn new things

Cons

no respect for employees, no rewards either, management squeezed every last drop of blood from your stones. Dinosaur telco execs are not interested in innovation.

Advice to Management

You should really pay your employees better and figure out the meaning of work life balance. stop taking them for granted

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Always doing too much with too little, in too short a time

Former Employee - Software Engineer II in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer II in Seattle, WA

I worked at Speakeasy

Pros

There was a strong support for good software development practices. They were good about letting you work from home, when you needed too.

Cons

There was very little employee career development. It was rare to get classes paid for, but they would buy books if you asked. There was too much reliance on offshore developers. There was too much reliance on offshore tech support for customers.

Advice to Management

There is great customer focus at Speakeasy (now Megapath). But, the focus on employee development and career advancement needs consideration too.

2. A great place to work because of the people who I worked with.

I worked at Speakeasy

Pros

Speakeasy was a relaxed and casual place to work. The people were professional yet fun to work with. Overall I thought the work environment gave me a positive experience.

Cons

While Speakeasy made attempts to provide competitive pay and benefits I feel that they were hampered by lack of capital.

Advice to Management

I believe that management needs to expand capital expenditures to give their employees access to the latest tools to keep them competitive in the market place.