Speakeasy
www.megapath.com Pleasanton, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

It was a good run, before the merge.

Project Manager (Former Employee)
Seattle, WA

ProsSpeak was a great place to work -- I have made good friends and invaluable networking contacts. Best thing WAS the excellent caliber of technical folks in the rank and file.

Cons(OK, I *always* hated the cheap-o IKEA desks lined up in bullpen style. I almost turned down the job for that alone.)

However, the real problem is the merge. In 2010 a three-way merge took place between Covad, Megapath, and Speakeasy. Speakeasy no longer exists, in spirit or any other way. The engineering team is gutted and has been since late summer. Customer service is no longer a priority. I don't know what is, exactly, other than giant bonuses for the C-level teams.

I don't believe they're hiring right now but the bottom line is, if you have a chance to work there? PASS.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you're ever in a merge again? Don't do it this way.

A good place to work to develop your career

Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Speakeasy

Pros: As a smaller company, less than 500 employees, Speakeasy allows great opportunity to make your contributions to the company really count. You are given… Cons: Speakeasy's pay is on the lower end of the scale for comparable… Advice to Senior Management: Make sure that all decisions take into account all employees, as well as, the revenue bottom line. … More

Great place to get experience fast and then move on

(Current Employee)

I have been working at Speakeasy

Pros: Speakeasy has a lot of growth opportunity for eager talented… Cons: Employees are forced to live in a constant fire drill environment where every task is your top priority. Management/Product are quick… Advice to Senior Management: Concentrate on the core products Listen to your front line reps, they are your best source for… More
There are newer reviews on Speakeasy.

Worked for Speakeasy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Speakeasy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Speakeasy CEO D. Craig Young. All reviews posted anonymously by Speakeasy employees.