There are newer employer reviews for Speakeasy

A great place to work because of the people who I worked with.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Speakeasy

Pros

Speakeasy was a relaxed and casual place to work. The people were professional yet fun to work with. Overall I thought the work environment gave me a positive experience.

Cons

While Speakeasy made attempts to provide competitive pay and benefits I feel that they were hampered by lack of capital.

I believe that management needs to expand capital expenditures to give their employees access to the latest tools to keep them competitive in the market place.

22 Other Employee Reviews for Speakeasy (View Most Recent)

It was a good run, before the merge.

Former Employee - Project Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Speakeasy

Pros

Speak was a great place to work -- I have made good friends and invaluable networking contacts. Best thing WAS the excellent caliber of technical folks in the rank and file.

Cons

(OK, I *always* hated the cheap-o IKEA desks lined up in bullpen style. I almost turned down the job for that alone.)

However, the real problem is the merge. In 2010 a three-way merge took place between Covad, Megapath, and Speakeasy. Speakeasy no longer exists, in spirit or any other way. The engineering team is gutted and has been since late summer. Customer service is no longer a priority. I don't know what is, exactly, other than giant bonuses for the C-level teams.

I don't believe they're hiring right now but the bottom line is, if you have a chance to work there? PASS.

If you're ever in a merge again? Don't do it this way.

A good place to work to develop your career

Current Employee - Director in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Director in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Speakeasy

Pros

As a smaller company, less than 500 employees, Speakeasy allows great opportunity to make your contributions to the company really count. You are given challenging assignments and projects while being allowed enough room to learn and grow. In a short period of time, you will soon get to meet and work with all of the key players within the organization. The senior leadership team is approachable and listens to the feedback given.

Cons

Speakeasy's pay is on the lower end of the scale for comparable titles in the management ranks, but fair to average for individual contributors.

Make sure that all decisions take into account all employees, as well as, the revenue bottom line. Take more time to communicate to the team in either the company intranet or a regular news letter.

There are newer employer reviews for Speakeasy