Special Counsel

www.specialcounsel.com

Very friendly environment! Flexible work schedule!

Former Employee - Document Reviewer/Contract Attorney  in  Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Document Reviewer/Contract Attorney in Dallas, TX

Pros

Working here provides you with the flexibility of practicing as a sole practitioner and interviewing for permanent employment. On most contracts, you determine your work hours after completing a day of training. Also, there are opportunities to work overtime on most projects and there is free parking depending on the location of the project. Lastly, the work environment is very friendly and relaxed. We get free lunches frequently!

Cons

Due to the nature of the job, it is quite difficult (almost impossible) to qualify for benefits like vacation days, paid holidays, sick days, etc.

Provide at least paid holidays!

Other reviews for Special Counsel

Enjoyed working in my office, but not as a part of Special Counsel.

Former Employee - Legal Search Specialist
    Former Employee - Legal Search Specialist

Pros

Enjoyed the people I worked with in my office for the most part but no real pros for the company overall.

Cons

Very corporate setting and mindset. Feel like you're just another number working there. Didn't feel like I received the training I needed to succeed as a recruiter nor did I really know what my goals were. Was told by management weekly to just "do better" with no real training on how.

Training programs and clear goals and what they mean.

Contract Document Review - it's alright.

Former Employee - Contract Associate
    Former Employee - Contract Associate

Pros

I enjoyed the atmosphere and flexibility of the job, the assignment I worked on did not allowed for overtime, but did not require it. The flexible temporary placement with them was nice as it still left me with time to focus on my continuing job search.

I really enjoyed the people who worked along side of me, but that may be dependent upon the applicant pool.

Cons

Very little training before I started, sometimes hard to get in touch with the head of Special Counsel office, little to no possibility of permanent placement.

A lot of times I would be told that there was a position available, but it would often fall through.

There are newer employer reviews for Special Counsel.

Worked for Special Counsel? Contribute to the Community!