There are newer employer reviews for Special Counsel

Leave your dignity at the door if you do contract work for Special Counsel.

Former Employee - Document Reviewer/Contract Attorney in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Document Reviewer/Contract Attorney in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Special Counsel

Pros

If you are an attorney or law graduate and need some quick extra cash.

Cons

Polite people but the environment is patronizing.

Advice to Management

You need to change your philosophy. Just because an attorney is willing to work as a temp does not mean that they should be treated like they work at Mickey Ds. Also, pay attention to the physical work environment. I have worked for Special Counsel on three different assignments in two cities and consistently their off-site work environments are crammed and uncomfortable. Many attorneys have been shocked to find this and it affects morale. Word of mouth will eventually catch up with your tactics...even in a less than stellar job market there are alternatives out there.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. ok for contract assignments but some organization issues

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Special Counsel as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Decent support desk. Very friendly. Eventually did always respond with assignment information when requested.

Cons

Some issues with paycheck timeliness. My paycheck didn't always arrive when scheduled. My contact was fairly disorganized and didn't get me all of the information I needed for 1 of my interviews until the morning before.

2. It's a Job

I have been working at Special Counsel

Pros

Luckily got on an extremely flexible (but also extremely unusual) project. Special Counsel has been generally responsive and helpful.

Cons

The pay started out significantly below industry standard. (But to their credit, they were willing to give raises as the workload changed).

Advice to Management

I don't really interact with management, but things have been fine so far. All the steps necessary to record time is kind of ridiculous, though.