Specialized Bicycle

www.specialized.com

Industrial Designer (Former Employee) Morgan Hill, CA

ProsPotentially interesting product categories. On site food options, On site gym, road bike ride during lunch (longer lunch hour), Discounts on products.

ConsComplete lack of direction within departments. Limited to no reviews of status within department. No clear goals or guidance for employees. A very hire and fire culture constantly trying to keep up the insane margin demands.

Conservative and limited foresight into the potential of new concepts and directions. Limited to no research done with departments making for clouded and biased decisions.

Zero growth potential.

Road bike ride during lunch hours is limiting as there is pressure to be on the ride. Without other options (even biking options such as MTB) this practice is both alienating and ridiculous as it spurs on favoritism with departments.

Morgan Hill is not actually in the Bay Area. It is very very far from both San Francisco and Santa Cruz. Although it still comes with the high cost of living, however salaries are not adjusted for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to be a manager. Specialized is not a motivating place to be.

Great products, but human resources are mismanaged and grossly underpaid in many categories.

Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) Morgan Hill, CA

I worked at Specialized Bicycle full-time for more than a year

Pros: Friendly co-workers, on-site gym and health-focused cafe, great product, lunch… Cons: No work/life balance, pressure to work insane hours, random layoffs… Advice to Senior Management: Need to grow/cultivate talent and individual strengths better to retain good talent - set real goals… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

A company run by fear and intimidation

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Morgan Hill, CA

I have been working at Specialized Bicycle full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Free bike for as long as you work there and… Cons: No job is as the job description describes, people are pushed into positions they are not competent for and then judged and fired. HR is… Advice to Senior Management: Get a management course No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Specialized Bicycle.

Worked for Specialized Bicycle? Contribute to the Community!