There are newer employer reviews for SpecialtyCare

My experience with them as been very educational and enlightening.

Current Employee - Clinical Technician in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Clinical Technician in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at SpecialtyCare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some of the reasons I like working their is because you learn something new everyday doing the work. It keeps you involved and expecting more.

Cons

Some downsides I would say not being able to work more over time. Due to the fact of working in the operating room, the cases vary which makes it hard to do overtime.

The advice I have is try not to worry about the things you cannot control, but concentrate on whats in front of you.

33 Other Employee Reviews for SpecialtyCare (View Most Recent)

Steady Downward Spiral

Former Employee - Neurophysiologist
    Former Employee - Neurophysiologist

I worked at SpecialtyCare full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

If you have no other option, it's a job.

Cons

Long Unpredictable Hours and Locations
    Constantly changing infrastructure and policy - people can go months without knowing who their supervisor is or will be.
    Regional leadership is poorly trained - not knowledgeable about service lines, region, or customer needs
    Deteriorating clinical infrastructure and support - additional burden on clinicians
    Decreasing benefits - unpaid mileage, unpaid overtime, increasingly expensive health insurance, loss of unused vacation days, but nearly impossible to get vacations approved unless a year or more in advance.
    Poor raises, limited to no advancement opportunity
    Unsustainable business model - attempting to gain contracts at any cost, while neglecting to hire / keep clinicians to fill them.

Clinical minimally invasive surgery - MISS Supervisor

Current Employee - MISS Supervisor in Chester, PA
    Current Employee - MISS Supervisor in Chester, PA

I have been working at SpecialtyCare full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

You work in the O.R.

Cons

Very, Very low wages, no mileage pay, that was taken away recently and everyone is very upset. 401k horrible match, accrued PTO has gone down. they will not let you take your vacation yet you may have up to 300, 400 even 500 hours of pto time. You can cash out 80 hours once a year. You can transfer 100 hour for next year (but then you find yourself with the same problem). Even if they let you take your vacation its one week at a time and your next available time is in 4 month. So do the math eventually your will loose close to half the time.

Management will NOT back you up. They play their own game so they can cover their own ass. Technician are abused and taken for granted. Management play favoritism. They fire people easilty. They monopolize the industry so you are totally stuck. I believe they have money problem and I will not be surprise if they change their name again. They claim the cases load has gone down. Yes its true. Hospital case load has gone down, all over. BUT they have increased new hospital accounts. So technically case productivity has gone up and not down. They throw elaborate parties that cost 100's of thousand of dollars and they do this several times a year.

They cut your titile and they cut your pay. Yet you are still doing the same job.

It's too much to say that I cannot say here.

There are newer employer reviews for SpecialtyCare