SpecialtyCare

www.specialtycare.net
  www.specialtycare.net
There are newer employer reviews for SpecialtyCare

My experience with them as been very educational and enlightening.

Current Employee - Clinical Technician in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Clinical Technician in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at SpecialtyCare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some of the reasons I like working their is because you learn something new everyday doing the work. It keeps you involved and expecting more.

Cons

Some downsides I would say not being able to work more over time. Due to the fact of working in the operating room, the cases vary which makes it hard to do overtime.

The advice I have is try not to worry about the things you cannot control, but concentrate on whats in front of you.

34 Other Employee Reviews for SpecialtyCare (View Most Recent)

Steady Downward Spiral

Former Employee - Neurophysiologist
    Former Employee - Neurophysiologist

I worked at SpecialtyCare full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

If you have no other option, it's a job.

Cons

Long Unpredictable Hours and Locations
    Constantly changing infrastructure and policy - people can go months without knowing who their supervisor is or will be.
    Regional leadership is poorly trained - not knowledgeable about service lines, region, or customer needs
    Deteriorating clinical infrastructure and support - additional burden on clinicians
    Decreasing benefits - unpaid mileage, unpaid overtime, increasingly expensive health insurance, loss of unused vacation days, but nearly impossible to get vacations approved unless a year or more in advance.
    Poor raises, limited to no advancement opportunity
    Unsustainable business model - attempting to gain contracts at any cost, while neglecting to hire / keep clinicians to fill them.

It will bust your morale!!

Current Employee - Perfusionist Assistant in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Perfusionist Assistant in Louisville, KY

I have been working at SpecialtyCare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It is in the medical field!

Cons

This is the worse company to ever enter the working market. They say they care about you, they don't. The pay is horrible and even after promising to give raises after you have completed the test on various machines, they don't give you the raise. You will work your butt off, and it is not appreciated. They don't even pay you while you're on call, how can they get by with that. When you talk or e-mail higher ups, they say they will look into matters and get back to you, don't hold your breath, they never get back to you. It doesn't matter, they aren't going to give you any type of raise. Why work so hard and committ when they don't care!! They could take all the 10's of 1,000s of dollars spend in February, for the company meeting, divide that out and give it to us peons, who are working our butts off and making them look good. All I would like to see is a $1 or $2 an hour raise, which would put me up with a former co-worker, but they won't even do that. This company has stripped me of every thing and is now forcing me to make a decision, that I never thought I would be facing, whether to quit or not. I am so uphappy with SCSG right now and the sad part is, no one cares or wants to back me up. Kiss butt for them and you can have your own office....Every one of you upper management people make me sick!!! I have been with the company 5 years and I have gotten to where I hate coming to work, when it use to be a highlight of my day......

Wake up and smell the coffee.....you guys need to pay attention to your employees who are working so hard. Let them know you care and appreciate their hard work. You only compliment the hospitals in the bigger cities, doing more cases. Of course they are going to do more cases, they are a bigger hospital.....duh!!

There are newer employer reviews for SpecialtyCare