Specsavers
www.specsavers.co.uk Saint Andrews, Guernsey 150 to 499 Employees

Retail industry with a difference

Optical Assistant (Current Employee)
Sydney (Australia)

ProsContinual webex training for staff to further develop their skills in the optical industry, therefore, you don't need to be a qualified/experienced dispenser to start your career at Specsavers. The staff and family members gets discounts on glasses and contact lenses.

ConsIf you are new to the optical industry, you might find it overwhelming with the ever changing offers Specsavers have, as well as getting to know about claiming health funds.

A fine employer, with awful awful management

Developer (Former Employee)
    Whiteley, England (UK)

I worked at Specsavers full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Still a family-run business, Specsavers personal touch is really good. Hand-written birthday cards every year from the owners, sounds trivial but… Cons: I can only speak for IT, but the day-to-day running of things is nothing short of shambolic. Virtually every decision made is made by the… Advice to Senior Management: Sack yourselves. Every single one of you. YOU are the problem. This includes all project managers. Get rid of the bonus scheme, and pay market… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Specsavers are about getting the most money out of customers while retaining their trust

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    London, England (UK)

I worked at Specsavers

Pros: Being a chain of optical stores there is a sense of team spirit in the… Cons: The pressure to sell sell sell and continually make profits… Advice to Senior Management: Change the decor of the stores -its bland and dull.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Specsavers.

Worked for Specsavers? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Specsavers reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Specsavers CEO Doug Perkins. All reviews posted anonymously by Specsavers employees.