Spectra Energy
www.spectraenergy.com Houston, TX 5000+ Employees

Im just a contractor!

Houston, TX

ProsLike everyone else said.. Work life balance. I"m a contractor and they go way out of their way to not treat me like one. I like the group I'm in, I have an excellent manager.

ConsI haven't really found the dark side yet. There seems to be a lot of silo-ing going on, with one piece of the business not knowing what the others are doing, but you find that everywhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow your lower level management to do their job. They're smart people.

Good Company to retire from, not a great company to start your career

I have been working at Spectra Energy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great people, wonderful work life balance, good benefits, good experience,… Cons: Pay is not at market, not much room for growth Advice to Senior Management: Increase base salary for employees!!! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Top notch

Senior Accountant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Spectra Energy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Excellent work life balance - 9/80, teleworking and part-time work. Health - there is a Nurse Practitioner on site and a clinic with two beds and… Cons: Salary is okay. Little room for growth. Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Spectra Energy.

Worked for Spectra Energy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Spectra Energy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Spectra Energy CEO Greg Ebel. All reviews posted anonymously by Spectra Energy employees.