Spectranetics

www.spectranetics.com
There are newer employer reviews for Spectranetics

Some suggestions and comments

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Spectranetics

Pros

Fairly relax atmosphere
Decent medical benefits
The company definitely helps improve the quality of life of the people who use the excimer lasers.
Many people today would not have a leg(s) (having them amputated) because of severe peripheral artery diseases or worse.

Cons

Management doesn't really understand how to motivate employees.
Too many chiefs, not enough indians.
The dental benefits could definitely be improved, same coverage as the 1980s
The product works extremely well, it just has not been marketed appropriately or effectively to those who have used it.
Many top level managers are just too inflexible. The primary reason for doing nearly anything is “that’s just the way it’s always been done.” I have heard many people within the company complain that we are just missing too many opportunities because of corporate arrogance. It almost seems the upper management is confusing rigidity for values. There is also an expected resistance when offering new ideas to the company.

Seek out talent from within the company - Don't be so quick to hire outside people when you have plenty of talent right here

23 Other Employee Reviews for Spectranetics (View Most Recent)

Excellent company and teammates!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Spectranetics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The teammates have become very much like a family to me. I look forward to many years to come on top of the years that I've served already. The CEO makes a tremendous effort to take care of this company and people who are blessed to be employed by it. They support people who show a strong desire to evolve and move up within the company and provide many opportunities to do so. I feel very appreciated and I am grateful to call this company my extended family.

Cons

There are people who get in the mindset that things should be handed to them strictly due to seniority. It's not about the quantity of years you serve for a company, it's about the quality of work and dedication you show. That dedication goes both ways.

Keep doing what you are doing because it is working. Our continued growth and talented individuals constantly showing positive results is proof of that.

Good things come to those who work 60+ hours

I worked at Spectranetics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Knowing that you helped saved lives in your own was nice, and there was a good sense of camaraderie in a project team.

Cons

There were many times where we were expected to come in early, stay late, work weekends, jump when marketing said they needed something for a customer, and go above and beyond with hardly any recognition for the hard work. It was just expected. If you did any less, you looked lazy or incompetent.

There are newer employer reviews for Spectranetics