Spectrum Brands
www.spectrumbrands.com Madison, WI 5000+ Employees

Spectrum Brands lay offs

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

ProsFlexible Schedule, many cities to work in. The pay wasn't bad and the benefits were pretty good. I had a lot of independence and autonomy. The sales meeting for the whole organization was held in Atlanta this year and was pretty nice. The dinner was good, the meetings were pretty informative, I got to meet with a lot of executives and decision makers for the company. All in all it was a good experience and they flew everyone out there. However, in retrospect it seems they could have spent their money elsewhere since they are now in some financial trouble.

ConsAs of November of this year, a lot of people have been laid off. I think it was about 50% of the salesforce that were included in the lay offs at all levels. Sales reps, regional managers, and district managers were targeted. Also they completely laid off the department for fertilizer and growth. Shipping was also always a problem. It was always delayed and a lot of times it was the incorrect quantity and incorrect product being shipped. This caused problems for the stores and the representatives for the stores that were not their fault. I don't foresee this company bouncing back soon.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore communication to lower employees.

Tetra Holding is not a good place to work

Consumer Relations Representative (Former Employee)
    Blacksburg, VA

I worked at Spectrum Brands

Pros: Competitive pay and good benefits Cons: Horrible management and employees treated badly. More concerned about management image than customer satisfaction. Not… Advice to Senior Management: Get off your high horse and listen to employees! Stop managing like it's 1960 and you… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

OK Place to work. Sometimes can be frustrating

I have been working at Spectrum Brands

Pros: Large company with many great benefits. Upper management has… Cons: Pay attention to human resources better. Think through all… Advice to Senior Management: Be mindful of how changes affect employees and be sure… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Spectrum Brands.

Worked for Spectrum Brands? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Spectrum Brands reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Spectrum Brands CEO David R. Lumley. All reviews posted anonymously by Spectrum Brands employees.